Forums Breaking Horror News and Rumors
'Sinister 2' Is In The Works!!

Whenever a film does well at the box office, especially a horror movie, the odds of seeing a sequel are certainly likely. So it should come as no surprise that the box office hit nister is now be headed to sequelville.

During a recent interview with SciFiNow, nister director Scott Derrickson confirmed that he is interested in seeing a sequel made...

"We’re in the process of doing that. I certainly want to write the script and be involved with it as the producer – I would posbly direct the next one, we’ll see."

As far as seeing the film turn into a "never-ending" franchise:

"...I don’t see myself just handing the franchise over to just anybody and letting it go… If it goes on – then maybe – but I want to see it start its process on the right foot at least, and always have some say and have some involvement in it.”

nister's co-writer, novelist C Robert Cargill added, “Before we finished the movie Scott and I had a discuson about the things we don’t want to do, and spitballed just a couple of things that we would like to do given the opportunity, but it’s all still theoretical stages – ‘Oh, hey, wouldn’t that be cool’ – everyone’s still waiting to see on the lifecycle of the movie how everything pans out before everybody jumps up and says, ‘Yes! We must have a second one!’”

With a stingy budget of only $3 million, nister scored big at the box office by cashing in $62 million. Look for the film to hit Blu-ray and DVD formats respectively on Feb. 19th.

Source: SciFiNow
Anonymous Friday 2/01/2013 at 11:49 PM | 99935