Forums Horror Movie Talk
The Dark Knight vs. Iron Man

After giving it much thought I have come to the concluon that Iron man is

a better movie than the dark knight. Both movies had good qualities but what I think made the dark knight a good movie was Heath Ledgers performance as the joker. Iron Man had so much more to offer, the action was better, there was some comedy, and Robert Downey Jr. did a terriffic job as Tony Stark.
krueger4653 Wednesday 10/29/2008 at 03:50 AM | 21925
I loved them both for different reasons.

I would have to say that they are really hard to compare though.
Evildsm Wednesday 10/29/2008 at 05:54 PM | 21963
yea they're both very good but i found Iron Man more entertaining as a movie. I think the reason everyone like the Dark knight so much was becasue of heath ledgers performance. Dont get me wrong it was a good movie but I think Iron Man beats it by just a tiny bit.
krueger4653 Thursday 10/30/2008 at 02:27 PM | 21974
I'm going to have to go with the DARK KNIGHT over IRON MAN on this one.

Both were phenoms to say the least and I conder them both the top Comic Book movies ever (until WATCHMEN comes out

) however I'm always about the story over anything else.I have to agree, Robert Downy Jr. was born to play Tony Stark.

IRON MAN was fast paced, great action and the special effects were top notch.

So why do I like the DARK KNIGHT more?

It's because of story.

DK had a much better and advanced script and story line.

The whole time I'm watching it (for the most part) I kept thinking to myself, this is a crime/drama with Batman thrown into the middle of it.

The movie itself spans across several genres of film (not just the comic genre).

DK is a darker film (and I'm biased, I like darker movies more).

Iron Man was a fun pop-corn summer comic book movie done at it's best.

It's hard to compare the two but the one underlining bond that ties all movies together is story.

It doesn't matter what actors or special effects . . . if your story lacks (or isn't as good as another film), that's the bar I use to measure how good a film is compared to another

(in my mind at least).

However, my own brother even thinks Iron Man was better (because he likes the stereotyped Hollywood happily ever after endings - which there is nothing wrong with that).

I'm more of a realist and I like darker, non-typical films.

Don't get me wrong, DARK KNIGHT is a hollywood movie but doing things like killing off main characters and not so happy ends are things I like (personal tastes).
DaShape Thursday 10/30/2008 at 07:48 PM | 21990
I get what you're saying, but heres an interesting tid bit of information. Iron man, well most of the dialogue at least, was made up on the spot. When they began filming they had everything worked out except for the lines. So its no wonder that Robert Downey Jr. looked so natural while he was playing Tony Stark.
krueger4653 Friday 10/31/2008 at 04:48 AM | 22039
I actually think Heath Ledgers "Joker" ruined it for me. The Joker to me isn't just some nutter with white make up on. The Joker doesn't even wear make up! Christian Bales 100 cigs a day voice was also annoying.

I prefered Iron Man.
Sourfacedbastard Monday 11/03/2008 at 01:14 PM | 22311
I actually think Heath Ledgers "Joker" ruined it for me. The Joker to me isn't just some nutter with white make up on. The Joker doesn't even wear make up! Christian Bales 100 cigs a day voice was also annoying.

I prefered Iron Man.

Heath Ledger performance was awesome! the only reason they put make up on him is because they want this new series of Batman movies to be as realistic as posble. Which I think is stupid because its a freakin comic book movie!!!
krueger4653 Monday 11/03/2008 at 11:06 PM | 22386
I'm going to have to go with the DARK KNIGHT over IRON MAN on this one.

Both were phenoms to say the least and I conder them both the top Comic Book movies ever (until WATCHMEN comes out

) however I'm always about the story over anything else.I have to agree, Robert Downy Jr. was born to play Tony Stark.

IRON MAN was fast paced, great action and the special effects were top notch.

So why do I like the DARK KNIGHT more?

It's because of story.

DK had a much better and advanced script and story line.

The whole time I'm watching it (for the most part) I kept thinking to myself, this is a crime/drama with Batman thrown into the middle of it.

The movie itself spans across several genres of film (not just the comic genre).

DK is a darker film (and I'm biased, I like darker movies more).

Iron Man was a fun pop-corn summer comic book movie done at it's best.

It's hard to compare the two but the one underlining bond that ties all movies together is story.

It doesn't matter what actors or special effects . . . if your story lacks (or isn't as good as another film), that's the bar I use to measure how good a film is compared to another

(in my mind at least).

However, my own brother even thinks Iron Man was better (because he likes the stereotyped Hollywood happily ever after endings - which there is nothing wrong with that).

I'm more of a realist and I like darker, non-typical films.

Don't get me wrong, DARK KNIGHT is a hollywood movie but doing things like killing off main characters and not so happy ends are things I like (personal tastes).

Quoted for truth. TDK to me was better than Iron Man because it had more depth.

I loved IM, especially Downey's performance.. But TDK just had so many levels to it.

I guess I am a bit bias, because I like my comic films to be realistic and dark (if necessary to the character).

I actually PREFER the Ledger Joker to the comics Joker because it just seems creepier for him to apply the makeup himself and let it rot on his face like that.

He had the twisted nature of the comic book Joker (ala The Killing Joke) but wasn't lly or too far over that edge into comedy.

I love how they played out Two Face, even though I wish we could have gotten more TF time.

Overall I think that TDK is my favorite comic film of all time, Iron Man is high up on the list as well... but not up in the top 3.
DarkArtist81 Friday 11/07/2008 at 05:57 AM | 22747