Forums Breaking Horror News and Rumors
... Not Exactly The SCREAM 5 News We've Been Waiting To Hear

Ever nce Scream 4 was released fans have taken to our Facebook page to ask us one question: Will there be another installment in the Scream franchise? It's a question that we still haven't been able to answer. However in our attempt to search high and low for any details regarding the film we discovered this nugget of info which comes to us from the lips of franchise director, Wes Craven...

Via a Q&A with Arrow in the Head, Craven revealed:

"...I have not heard anything about Scream 5 from Bob Weinstein. There is some talk about a televion series, but I don’t think anything has moved forward on that yet. That’s what I’m hearing more than anything else from the guys at Dimenon. It would be them picking up the phone and asking me if I wanted to play with them, so…”

For those of you who may not remember, last summer it was reported that MTV was developing a series based on the Scream franchise. However it was said that both Kevin Williamson and Wes Craven weren't going to be involved in the project.

Stay tuned for more and be sure to participate in our Scream poll at the top of the page.

Source: Arrow In The Head
Anonymous Wednesday 3/13/2013 at 10:47 PM | 100414
Why do people in the industry always make the dumbest decions? Just like Casey Becker says about the Nightmare films. "Well the first one was scary but the rest sucked" Scream 4 was a big let down, let's nail the coffin in this franchise guys.
Sephit Thursday 3/14/2013 at 04:21 AM | 100418
I for one thought Scream 4 was miles ahead of Scream 3...so i cant say it was a let down. It's honestly in the top 2 for me with this franchise.
JohnCorley92 Thursday 3/14/2013 at 07:24 AM | 100422
I for one thought Scream 4 was miles ahead of Scream 3...so i cant say it was a let down. It's honestly in the top 2 for me with this franchise.

I just didn't care for a lot of things in Scream 4 and the muc was posbly the worst of the series. Not that I thought Scream 3 was better in any way but just like they say in Scream 4 "Don't fuck with the original!"
Sephit Thursday 3/14/2013 at 08:07 PM | 100426
I think a TV series could work. Sadly, i dont think MTV would be a good station to have it. Itll end up being a lame teeny bopper fest that wouldnt even compare to the movies. I imagine it on showtime or hbo
kizzle Sunday 3/31/2013 at 04:28 PM | 100603