Forums Television
Jamie Foxx Is Bringing On The Scares For The Syfy Channel This October

Syfy is gearing up to make several announcements tonight regarding their upcoming programming schedule. And one project that should deem to be exciting for us horror hounds is a high-profile new scripted series from Oscar winner Jamie Foxx and his Foxxhole Prods.

As per Deadline, Foxx will executive produce, write and direct the five-episode horror anthology series, which will debut during Syfy’s annual 31 Days Of Halloween programming marathon this October. Foxx might also appear on the yet-untitled series, which is produced by Universal Cable Prods.

In the vein of horror clascs like Tales From The Crypt and The Twilight Zone, the contemporary series tells creepy morality tales with themes such as envy, jealousy and superficiality. “This is a project that I’ve wanted to do for a long time and I’m so happy to see it come to life,” Foxx said. “Get ready to lose it when some special friends and I bring the scares this October, and who knows… maybe I’ll make a guest appearance or two along the way” Added Syfy/UCP’s Mark Stern, “Jamie Foxx’s pason and unique perspective will transform these universal inghts on the human condition into emotionally potent and truly scary cautionary tales.”

Troy Miller ("Flight of the Conchords") will executive produce the series through his production company Dakota Pictures, along with Foxx, writer Jeff Stilson, Jaime King, and Julie Yorn. Writers on the project also include Mike Ferris (Terminator: Salvation) and John Pogue ("Army Wives," "Everwood").

Source: Deadline
Anonymous Wednesday 4/10/2013 at 11:14 PM | 100696
hmmmmm???????????
aceofspades70 Thursday 4/11/2013 at 01:31 AM | 100697
I've always been a fan of anthologies and with a big name like Jamie Foxx involved it may turn out pretty good. Of course, there is the fact that it's on Syfy that may counteract the whole big name thing...
Ed Reilly Thursday 4/11/2013 at 12:01 PM | 100701
Lord knows, when I think of horror, the first guy I think of is Jamie Foxx.
Zer0.MediA Saturday 4/13/2013 at 12:00 PM | 100719