Forums DVD & Blu-rays
Carpenter and Jamie Lee Commentary on 35th Anniversary Halloween Bluray

How's this for an early Halloween treat? Anchor Bay will be releang a brand new 35th Anniversary edition of John Carpenter's HALLOWEEN later this year! And while we don't know much about the release, it seems as though Carpenter and star Jamie Lee Curtis have reunited for a fresh commentary track!

Trancas International Films, Compass International Pictures, and Halloweenmovies.com are proud to announce award winning cinematographer Dean Cundey is superving the new high definition transfer of John Carpenter’s Halloween for the upcoming 35th Anniversary Blu-ray!

Anchor Bay sent joblo the following email regarding the news:

Everyone is excited and the news is true that Jamie and John reunited for the 35th Anniversary of Halloween. Anchor Bay is working with the Halloween team on all the details now. We will have more news and photos to come! Stay tuned to

https://www.facebook.com/halloweenmovies?fref=ts

Carpenter himself added the detail that their reunion was for a new commentary.

It would be very nice if they'd include the "extended edition" of the film on the disc, which was released on DVD by Anchor Bay back in 2001 but can't be found on current discs. We'll keep you informed as more info on the new edition comes in.

Source:

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news ... commentary
TheSkeletonCrew Thursday 6/06/2013 at 07:55 PM | 100945
It would also be nice if they reverted back to the same restoration of the 1999-2000 DVD, in terms of the look of the film. The DVD's & BR that came out nce then, have been ran through filters to give the film a more pristine look, erang all the dark blues & oranges.
Dimiter Thursday 6/06/2013 at 09:24 PM | 100947
This is nice but I hope they add new special features to this new edition. As well I'm hoping the Blu Ray veron is Blu Ray quality unlike the prior release.
Pinhead Sunday 6/09/2013 at 05:42 PM | 100953
It would also be nice if they reverted back to the same restoration of the 1999-2000 DVD, in terms of the look of the film. The DVD's & BR that came out nce then, have been ran through filters to give the film a more pristine look, erang all the dark blues & oranges.

Trancas International Films, Compass International Pictures, and Halloweenmovies.com are proud to announce award winning cinematographer Dean Cundey is superving the new high definition transfer of John Carpenter’s Halloween for the upcoming 35th Anniversary Blu-ray!
TheSkeletonCrew Wednesday 6/12/2013 at 01:19 AM | 100966
Yep, I just saw that. Best move they could have made. Maybe I will pick it up, after all.
Dimiter Wednesday 6/12/2013 at 01:40 AM | 100967