Forums Horror Movie Talk
AVPR **may contain spoilers**

Ok. I'm late on seeing this... but that didn't seem to matter.

Alien vs. Predator - Requiem might have been slightly better than it's predecessor, BUT...

The movie began just fine. Then the ship crashed to earth and things went downhill from there. The amount of zoom and pan shots at the start of the film were just plain ridiculous. The acting was between so-so and bad, and the dialoque written for this movie wasn't something to be hired for.

The Alien/Predator hybrid thing was just confung, and didn't have enough screen time to justify it being in the movie. Maybe if it were expained more...

I HATE the fact that they cast a woman to play Kelly, who was nothing more than a bad imitation of gourney Weaver's Ripley character (wearing a tank top, carrying a machine gun, protecting a little girl... she even sounded like her). No excuse for that... and there's no denying that it was intentional. The Return of the Living Dead nuke ending was cheap. The movie was shot too dark (which led to the fight scenes being less effective).

The only thing good to say about this film (and the only thing that kept me from gouging my eyes out) is that the special effects were good, the fight sequences were still pretty cool (although they were in almost pitch black darkness, and the camera cuts were random and too close together), and there were a few great looking shots throughout. I gave AVP about a 5/10. Although I think this one might have been slightly better, I can't see myself giving it better than a 50% average... so 5/10.

Favorite AVPR cheesey line:

"people are dying... we need guns"
Myers31TKD Sunday 2/10/2008 at 12:07 PM | 2309
I couldn't agree more with the above review.

The only thing I'll add is my disappointment with the last 5 minutes.**MILD SPOILERS**

First off, they crash their chopper and they just "happen" to land right where the national guard is searching?

Also, if the military is all about containment then why not just shoot the survivors in the end . . .

I would have much rather that have happened then the military just letting these witnesses go.Now, onto the ending (which I've not read this old comics so if this ties to that I'm lost).

When the suit carries the predator weapon to the Secret headquarters and who gets the weapon . . . some chick?

I didn't get that at all and hardly anyone else did either (unless you are a DIE HARD fan I guess).

I was completely hoping that it would be Gary Busey instead, that would have saved the entire movie in my eyes.

That would have completely tied in with Predator 2 (seeing as Predator 2 takes place after the Alien vs Predator series).

So there you have it . . . wait for DVD.
DaShape Monday 2/11/2008 at 04:13 AM | 2333
I couldn't agree more with the above review.

The only thing I'll add is my disappointment with the last 5 minutes.**MILD SPOILERS**

First off, they crash their chopper and they just "happen" to land right where the national guard is searching?

Also, if the military is all about containment then why not just shoot the survivors in the end . . .

I would have much rather that have happened then the military just letting these witnesses go.Now, onto the ending (which I've not read this old comics so if this ties to that I'm lost).

When the suit carries the predator weapon to the Secret headquarters and who gets the weapon . . . some chick?

I didn't get that at all and hardly anyone else did either (unless you are a DIE HARD fan I guess).

I was completely hoping that it would be Gary Busey instead, that would have saved the entire movie in my eyes.

That would have completely tied in with Predator 2 (seeing as Predator 2 takes place after the Alien vs Predator series).

So there you have it . . . wait for DVD.

That's right. The ending made no sense whatsoever! But after seeing the beginning of the film.... I kind of expected a mediocre ending. But it was so confung! I hope that doesn't mean we're in for an AVP 3...????? Or maybe third time's the charm...

Anyway, great addition to an already negative review. I agree with everything, and hope that fans of AVPR don't get too offended when I say that it is NOT a good film.
Myers31TKD Monday 2/11/2008 at 05:36 PM | 2344
Just rented it...liked it 100x more than AVP 1. Ending was not all that bad, it was Yutani, as of Weyland-Yutani.
heretic Friday 4/18/2008 at 03:54 PM | 8977
Just rented it...liked it 100x more than AVP 1. Ending was not all that bad, it was Yutani, as of Weyland-Yutani.

Hey Mark, who's Yutani?

I know the whole Weyland thing but nothing about Yutani . . .was the Yutani name in the Alien series?
DaShape Sunday 4/20/2008 at 12:23 AM | 9109