Forums Television
How Will THE WALKING DEAD Finally End? Creator Robert Kirkman Speaks About It!

A long time from now, most likely, THE WALKING DEAD will one day finally see it's ending. Creator of the comic book and the show Robert Kirkman claims that he is prepared for the ending as he has plans for the comic as well as the show.

He recently spoke with EW and says that it is a huge help having so much of the comic book series laid out ahead of the show giving plenty of source material to create from. Kirkman says that the problem is:

"Having enough seasons to get enough of the comic books into the show."

On the topic of an ending to it all, Kirkman says:

"I don't know exactly what issue that's going to fall on, per se, and I do have a lot of road laid out before that. That is going to take a long time, but I certainly know exactly what I'm building to."

Kirkman even already has the last page as well as the final scene of the show planned out saying:

"About a year or two ago, I finally nailed down exactly what I want the ending to be," Kirkman told EW. "So now I've kind of got two trails of story going in my head. One working to where I'm at very far into the future, and one working from the end backwards. When those two stories meet, then I'll know exactly how long the story is. I'm rapidly approaching that point."

There you have it guys. Keep in mind there has been talk of up to twelve seasons so it is likely that the end is a long time from now. With that being said, it must be frustrating for Kirkman to already have the end in his mind and having to wait so long. Only time will tell what is ultimately in store for THE WALKING DEAD.

Season 5 will be made up of sixteen episodes and will be divided into two parts. The second set of eight will resume in February 2015.

THE WALKING DEAD returns to AMC October 12th.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 9/11/2014 at 05:14 PM | 102833