Forums Horror Movie Talk
Steve Miner's Day Of The Dead *BIG SPOILERS!!*

I watched this on a certain te which may or may not have had the rights to it.But I saw the film regardless. I'm a big fan of the Romero clasc, so of course I'm not going to welcome a remake... but I went into this with an open mind. That being said:

The Bad: Sections of Tyler Bates' Score were identical to Halloween's Rhodes was dead within the first half hour

Dr. Logan was some asshole in his twenties

Fresh zombies were instantly covered in sores, and suddenly had the power to leap like a grasshopper and scale ceilings like it was nothing.

Nick Cannon actually used the term "zombie".

Nick Cannon.

HAHAHAHA... This is actually laughable (although it really pisses me off). There' a new character named Bud. Hmm... sounds a bit like Bub doesn't it? Anyway, this kid playing the part is such a ripoff of the way that the original "Bub" was played. Every ngle gesture that he makes is directly taken from Bub. Also... the reason for why he's not trying to eat them is that he's a vegitarian!! hahahaha. Ridiculous.

Also... the daughter KILLS her own mother when she turns, yet insts on letting a total stranger (Bub err... Bud) live. ?????

I had plenty more problems with this movie... but I don't want to take your whole day.

The Good: Choreography during fight scenes was great, and Special effects were good (although there was too much cgi). The gore and action parts really saved this movie (if you can even say it was really saved), nce those were the only entertaining bits in the film.

Day of the Dead remake: 3.5/10 FAIL

LONG LIVE BUB!
Myers31TKD Tuesday 2/12/2008 at 05:47 PM | 2474
I watched this on a certain te which may or may not have had the rights to it.But I saw the film regardless. I'm a big fan of the Romero clasc, so of course I'm not going to welcome a remake... but I went into this with an open mind. That being said:

The Bad: Sections of Tyler Bates' Score were identical to Halloween's Rhodes was dead within the first half hour

Dr. Logan was some asshole in his twenties

Fresh zombies were instantly covered in sores, and suddenly had the power to leap like a grasshopper and scale ceilings like it was nothing.

Nick Cannon actually used the term zombie.

Nick Cannon.

HAHAHAHA... This is actually laughable (although it really pisses me off). There' a new character named Bud. Hmm... sounds a bit like Bub doesn't it? Anyway, this kid playing the part is such a ripoff of the way that the original "Bub" was played. Every ngle gesture that he makes is directly taken from Bub. Also... they reason for why he's not trying to eat them is that he's a vegitarian!! hahahaha. Ridiculous.

Also... the daughter KILLS her own mother when she turns, insts on letting a total stranger (Bub err... Bud) live. ?????

I had plenty more problems with this movie... but I don't want to take your whole day.

The Good: Choreography during fight scenes was great, and Special effects were good (although there was too much cgi). The gore and action parts really saved this movie (if you can even say it was really saved), nce those were the only entertaining bits in the film.

Day of the Dead remake: 4/10

LONG LIVE BUB

I new from the first time I saw a teaser i was gonna hate it....I think I will wait till it comes out on DVD
Matthew Mayhem Thursday 2/21/2008 at 12:14 AM | 2897
I new from the first time I saw a teaser i was gonna hate it....I think I will wait till it comes out on DVD

Please do. It's not worth it.
Myers31TKD Thursday 2/21/2008 at 12:59 AM | 2908
I wasn't very impressed with that clip either . .. was just hoping there was a light at the end of the tunnel (nce Dawn of the Dead Remake was incredible).
DaShape Monday 3/31/2008 at 02:31 PM | 6973
I rented it....terrible.
heretic Friday 4/18/2008 at 03:53 PM | 8976
I rented it....terrible.

Yep. Seriously guys... it's not even worth it. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
Myers31TKD Saturday 4/19/2008 at 12:41 AM | 9022
i bought it the day it came out. and it not good

seth
halloween killer Sunday 4/20/2008 at 08:05 PM | 9191
So Mayhem put up a link to watch it online (in another thread) and I got about a 4th of the way through it and lost interest . . . why did it have to have that documentary spin to it?

Seems more and more movies are starting to do that (ex Cloverfiled, etc).

I'm still saying the original "Night of the living Dead", "Dawn of the Dead Remake" and "Shaun of the Dead" are my favorite zombie flicks!

now lets go have a pint
DaShape Tuesday 4/22/2008 at 03:53 PM | 9477