Forums Television
First Look At The New Dr. Frank-N-Furter From Upcoming TV Revamp Of THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW Within!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Last year we learned that THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW was preparing to be remade. Fox TV is responsible for this new idea which will air as a 2 hour event special and will be directed by Kenny Ortega of HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL fame. He will also serve as executive producer, and be choreographing the project as well. Gail Berman and Lou Adler, who produced the 1975 original are returning as producers.

Today we bring you the first look at Laverne Cox as the new Dr. Frank-N-Furter.

In addition to new Frank, we also see Ben Vereen as Dr. Scott.

Speaking with EW, Cox spoke about the upcoming televised musical saying:

"When I started training again last year, I started working my chest voice. As a trans woman with a low voice, I had been so afraid of those low tones. This is a character where it’s absolutely appropriate that I sing in the base baritone register that I have. What’s also fun is playing with those higher notes in my register too. ... But it’s been wonderful claiming my chest voice. It’s been really healing."

THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW follows:

"Sweethearts Janet Weiss and Brad Majors, played in the movie by Susan Sarandon and Barry Bostwick, who stumble upon Dr. Frank-N-Furter’s bizarre abode. Frank-N-Furter, a sexually ambiguous flirtatious alien mad-scientist, is holding an annual Transylvanian science convention to showcase the birth of “Rocky Horror” – a fit, attractive man created solely to fulfill Frank’s desires."

This television revamp is said to stick to the flavor of the original, such as dialogue and the score.

Joining Cox and Vereen in the reboot of THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW are Victoria Justice as Janet, Ryan McCartan as Brad, Reeve Carney as Riff Raff, Adam Lambert as Eddie, Staz Nair as Rocky, Annaleigh Ashford as Columbia, Christina Milian as Magenta, and Tim Curry as the Criminologist.

THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW television revamp is expected to air this fall on Fox.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 5/12/2016 at 04:17 PM | 104111