Forums Television
Andrea's Original Fate Revealed For THE WALKING DEAD Series!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Fans of AMC's THE WALKING DEAD series remember the character of Andrea, who was played by Laurie Holden. We saw her go from a very timid person to a sharp shooting warrior in very quick fashion. The character met her demise during the third season in the episode titled "Welcome to the Tombs." We can wonder what if when it comes to if she had lived on, but as it turns out Andrea's fate was meant to be different from what we saw on television.

Laurie Holden was on hand recently at Walker Stalker Con, and she revealed that the original plan for Andrea was to be much different saying:

"I had an eight-year deal; I was supposed to be there until the end," she revealed at Walker Stalker Con. "I was supposed to end up with Rick. I was supposed to save Woodbury on a horse, and I was buying a house in Atlanta. I got the call at 10 o'clock the night before, while I was shooting, from the showrunner who is no longer a part of 'The Walking Dead' [Frank Darabont], saying that they couldn't write the episode and that he was killing my character. So we all got the script everybody on the set was sobbing. I felt like I got shot. None of it was supposed to happen the way it did."

Holden went on to say:

"I think 'The Walking Dead' is in a really good place now with Scott Gimple. It wasn't the ship then that it is now. I'm very grateful how it was written that I went out with grace and with a stellar cast. It wasn't the way that I wanted, but I loved the way I went out."

THE WALKING DEAD Season 7 will air on AMC this fall.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 7/12/2016 at 06:08 PM | 104243