Forums Horror Movie Talk
No Country For Old Men

I just watched this, and I have to say I'm not sure what to say. It is SO different from everything else I've seen. It's great, greater than I expected even (and my expectations were high

;) ). The acting is amazing. It fits so well with the story. I'm really finding it hard to say what I mean about this film. Just see it soon if you haven't. You won't regret it.
Myers31TKD Friday 2/15/2008 at 06:33 AM | 2532
This movie should win best picture this year HANDS DOWN.

It has a creepy feeling that you just can't put your finger on.

The acting is top notch to say the least and the story keeps you wondering what's going to happen next without the often boring 2nd act that often plagues many movies.

I have to say the absence of muc is by far the most chilling aspect.

Muc often acts as a character in a film itself, giving away vital clues when something shocking is about to occur, a romantic scene . . . we often don't realize how much muc effects a movie's tone and mood.

So not having this comfort is VERY unsettling and adds so much more tenon.

Oh, and the psychotic killer . . . BRILLIANT!!!!

I won't give anything else away so go see this movie!!!

P.S.

Josh Brolin (the main protagonist - other than Tommy Lee Jones) is brilliant and you might not have realized that not only was he in "The GrindHouse" but he was also Mikey's Big Brother Brand in "THE GOONIES" LOL
DaShape Friday 2/15/2008 at 11:18 PM | 2535
This movie should win best picture this year HANDS DOWN.

It has a creepy feeling that you just can't put your finger on.

The acting is top notch to say the least and the story keeps you wondering what's going to happen next without the often boring 2nd act that often plagues many movies.

I have to say the absence of muc is by far the most chilling aspect.

Muc often acts as a character in a film itself, giving away vital clues when something shocking is about to occur, a romantic scene . . . we often don't realize how much muc effects a movie's tone and mood.

So not having this comfort is VERY unsettling and adds so much more tenon.

Oh, and the psychotic killer . . . BRILLIANT!!!!

I won't give anything else away so go see this movie!!!

P.S.

Josh Brolin (the main protagonist - other than Tommy Lee Jones) is brilliant and you might not have realized that not only was he in "The GrindHouse" but he was also Mikey's Big Brother Brand in "THE GOONIES" LOL

Well it looks like you hit on everything that I couldn't. Good review, and I back you up on everything, especially the absence of muc thing. Very creepy indeed.
Myers31TKD Saturday 2/16/2008 at 01:29 AM | 2541
Truly amazing film. Javier Bardem was absolutely incredible. Very awesome indeed.

-Dexter
Doppelganger Tuesday 3/11/2008 at 03:03 AM | 4619
This is the movie i have been wanting to watch!

HELL YEAH!

this film is amazing!
RickyTheShape Tuesday 3/11/2008 at 06:19 PM | 4769
This is one of those rare movies that is coming out on DVD while still in theaters! It comes out Tuesday and it is still in theaters! That's awesome. I'm buying for sure.

-Dexter
Doppelganger Tuesday 3/11/2008 at 06:29 PM | 4774
This is one of those rare movies that is coming out on DVD while still in theaters! It comes out Tuesday and it is still in theaters! That's awesome. I'm buying for sure.

-Dexter

now that is awesome!

8-)
RickyTheShape Tuesday 3/11/2008 at 07:49 PM | 4784
Thks for the reviews on this one all.

Seems like this is gonna be a real cool flick to see.

I may even have to go check this one out while it is still playing..

Hopefully this weekend.
MaskofChaos Thursday 3/13/2008 at 01:24 AM | 5213