Forums Horror Movie Talk
VACANCY (mild spoilers)

So I rented "Vacancy" last night.

I've been meaning to do this for some time especially because several movies tes claim it was the best Horror Film of 2007.

So anyways I have to agree that the first half of this movie is really creepy and a great idea and I can't believe it hasn't been done before.

It starts off with a troubled couple on the verge of divorce, lost out in the woods driving home from a party.

They have engine trouble and have to stop at a creepy gas station.

The attendant helps them out but 1 mile down the road their car breaks down

. . . hmmmmm.

Anyways, they hike back and stay at the 70's style motel across the street.

They get a room and find some video tapes next to the VCR and decide to pop them in.

Next thing they know they are watching snuff films of various couples and people being brutally murdered in the very same room they are staying in . . . and that's where the fun begins LOL.

Like I said, I thought that was a great premise but what's even better is the how the film focuses on a relationship on the rocks and how the couple grows closer and stronger together as they try to survive the night.I would call the first half of the film HORROR and the second half THRILLER.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed with the ending.

I won't tell you what it is but I was expecting a bit more I guess but over all I'd give it at least a 6-7 out of 10 just for being such a great idea and Luke Wilson actually flexing some acting chomps.
DaShape Friday 2/15/2008 at 11:28 PM | 2536
I went and saw this in theaters. I came out pleasantly suprised by it's effectiveness as a horror/thriller. I didn't expect it to be that way just looking at the cast, but it was very fun and smart too. Frank Whaley was great as the creepy innkeeper, and I agree that Luke Wilson showed us what he has to offer in what seems likely to be his best performance yet. I also agree that the ending wasn't as strong as the rest of the film. Overall, this was a good thriller to watch on the couch. I'd stick with around 7/10.

;)
Myers31TKD Saturday 2/16/2008 at 01:40 AM | 2542
I thought Vacancy was good. It makes me think twice before I stay in a motel that looks like that. I'd rather walk back to the car and sleep there. I like to travel and have seen pleanty of creepy looking motels. I kept on driving and slept in my truck...lol

lapazza143 Thursday 6/26/2008 at 01:59 AM | 14454