Forums Horror Collectibles
The Real Deal Concerning H2...

href="http://www.fearnet.com/blogs/spider/b14125_real_deal_concerning_halloween_2.html">http://www.fearnet.com/blogs/spider/b14 ... een_2.html
SithLord Tuesday 12/23/2008 at 11:15 PM | 29233
Gotta say, this quote is good news to my ears . . .

"This sequel will be different than the first film, much like The Devil's Rejects was different from House of 1000 Corpses".
DaShape Tuesday 12/23/2008 at 11:27 PM | 29234
Yeah, I agree. I must say, I didn't care for the remake at all. It didn't even feel a whole lot like HalloweeN. The one movie in the entire series that screams HalloweeN (at least for me anyway) is H4. Just the opening credits, with the montage of all the stuff you see, and different locations, with the atmospheric muc playing in the background, that's what HalloweeN is all about. I don't necesserly mean the movie "HalloweeN", but just the holiday or the event of HalloweeN.
SithLord Wednesday 12/24/2008 at 07:28 AM | 29280
I don't necesserly mean the movie "HalloweeN", but just the holiday or the event of HalloweeN.

Oh man I couldn't agree more about this (funny this hasn't been brought up before).

The first film really did catch the mood or feeling of the holiday Halloween.

I think part 2 captured it in certain parts and I also agree with Part 4's intro.

After that I didn't really feel it again until the opening shot of H20 . . . and Zombie's film hinted at that feeling with me but didn't really come all the way through (as far as feeling like the Halloween holiday).

I wish they'd come up with something that mimics that Halloween scene in E.T. lol.

Call me crazy but when I watch that Halloween scene in E.T. it genuinely feels like it's halloween.

Sounds like these guys are going to let Zombie off the leash with this next installment and from the sounds of it, he's going to be doing a 180.
DaShape Wednesday 12/24/2008 at 11:32 AM | 29289
Gotta say, this quote is good news to my ears . . .

"This sequel will be different than the first film, much like The Devil's Rejects was different from House of 1000 Corpses".

Yeah, that gives me a bit of hope...

I can only hope that this time it will be a bit more refined and hopefully bring some mystery to Michael again.

And it definitely needs more of that good old "Halloween" flavor, make it feel like the holiday.

But, we will see.
DarkArtist81 Friday 12/26/2008 at 04:23 PM | 29430