Forums Horror Movie Talk
30 Days of the Greatest Vampire movie in 10 years Night

30 Days of Night I've written a lengthy review on this film for HorrorBid in the past during it's theatrical release but I just bought the DVD today and watched it again and feel I need to file it in the forums reviews.

Best Vamp movie in the past decade as far as I'm concerned.

Great setting, great plot, great gore, great vampires means great horror flick.

(MILD SPOILERS) I liked how the film didn't show the Vamps at the start.

Instead it builds up anticipation.

Once revealed, these Vampires were hardcore and by far dawned one of the best Vamp looks.

Best part, they didn't speak english.

I'm so freak'n tired of movies where the setting happens in other parts of the world or dealing with timeless beings yet they all somehow speak English.

I want subtitles, the magical movie world where everybody speaks great English really takes me out of the film story in most films and I applaud these filmmakers for having a brain and creating a realistic environment where you tend to push ade the thought, "this couldn't happen."

The Blood and guts . . . I have to say this movie has the most realistic beheadings I've seen to date in horror.

Extremely real.

I have to say my favorite shot is when the camera is hovering over the city panning down a street with the chaos and massacre rage on.

The ending was good . . . not great . . .but good.

So there you have it.

One good word to sum it up, "CREEPY."
DaShape Friday 2/29/2008 at 07:14 AM | 3300
I've kept from seeing this movie because the majority of reviews that I've seen for it have been negative. But judging by your previous reviews on the forum, you're a good gauge for film... so I'll try to see it this weekend.

8-) I'm actually very excited now.
Myers31TKD Friday 2/29/2008 at 03:10 PM | 3303
Yeah, most reviews hated it yet anybody who I've talked to who has also seen it has said nothing but good things.

I normally tend to agree with critics but when it comes to horror I actually disagree with them more than not (especially because the Horror Genre is becoming a laughing stock to them.

Many critics believe the remakes are nothing more than a way to make quick income and the "art" and I like to say "horror" has lost it's originality in favor of making a quick buck).

Horror is my favorite genre yet it's becoming the red-headed step child of cinema.

I feel when good horror flicks do come out (like "30 Days of Night") they are lost in the shuffle of the over all disappointment with the genre.
DaShape Saturday 3/01/2008 at 12:18 AM | 3310
Yeah, most reviews hated it yet anybody who I've talked to who has also seen it has said nothing but good things.

I normally tend to agree with critics but when it comes to horror I actually disagree with them more than not (especially because the Horror Genre is becoming a laughing stock to them.

Many critics believe the remakes are nothing more than a way to make quick income and the "art" and I like to say "horror" has lost it's originality in favor of making a quick buck).

Horror is my favorite genre yet it's becoming the red-headed step child of cinema.

I feel when good horror flicks do come out (like "30 Days of Night") they are lost in the shuffle of the over all disappointment with the genre.

Man I hope you're wrong... but I believe you're right. It's not cool how good films get dragged down with the bad bunch. I've seen it happen many times and in many different tuations. It's really unfair.
Myers31TKD Saturday 3/01/2008 at 01:10 AM | 3314
It was ok for me. Not great not bad. Just..ok.

-Dexter
Doppelganger Tuesday 3/11/2008 at 06:19 PM | 4768
It's not the best horror movie in recent times but it's the best Vamp flick in the past decade bar none.
DaShape Friday 3/14/2008 at 06:38 PM | 5426
Maybe so.. But that reign may be cut short. They have a new Underworld coming out soon. And it looks flippin sweet!! -Dexter
Doppelganger Friday 3/14/2008 at 06:44 PM | 5428
Maybe so.. But that reign may be cut short. They have a new Underworld coming out soon. And it looks flippin sweet!! -Dexter

The new Underworld might be good . . .because it's a prequel but the others weren't that good . . Ok but not great.

I put off watching them for years and my bro finally convinced me.

So the first one was solid but the sequel was pretty bad. . . so they average out to ok I guess LOL.
DaShape Friday 3/14/2008 at 11:53 PM | 5464
i really injoyed this film i thort it was done well im looking forward to the new underworld filme i injoyed the other two.
jad Saturday 4/19/2008 at 06:50 PM | 9072
i like it. one of the best vampire moives that i seen in awhile seth
halloween killer Sunday 4/20/2008 at 08:02 PM | 9190
Great Vampire flick...I'm really into vampires...loved it! I watch it every chance I get....
kweandee Wednesday 4/23/2008 at 05:29 AM | 9588