Forums Horror Collectibles
Zombie Says Halloween 2 is Laurie's Movie

Tim Sullivan, filmmaker (2001 Maniacs) and good friend of Rob Zombie, caught up to the writer and director Halloween 2 to get a read on what the next chapter in the Myers legacy is about.

Zombie begins by clearing the air on why he's back. Most of it having to do with a want to follow through on the world he created in Halloween. Introductions to the characters were made in that remake and now he's allowed to run with them in any direction he feels like.

He also emphazes the sequel is not a redo of Rick Rosenthal's film.

Scout Taylor-Compton has not read the script, Zombie says, but it will definitely be her movie. "She's not the happy-go-lucky girl, now she's very f**ked up famous person, trying to make sense of this," he explains. "It takes place over some time, but it starts that night

and then essentially, I mean...the first one, Laurie has no idea what just happened. But then she wakes up the next day and someone's going, 'Oh by the way, your parents are dead. All your friends are dead. And actually, your brother is uh, Charles Manson.' You know? 'How do you feel about that?' See what I mean?"

Zombie seems unsure if Malcolm McDowell will return as Dr. Loomis and adds that he'd rather not have the character at all if the actor doesn't gn to the film. There's more solid reading to be had, so check out Icons of Fright's full interview right here.

Halloween 2 opens in theaters August 28th.

href="http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9315">http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/to ... hp?id=9315

Ice Queen Saturday 1/31/2009 at 03:09 AM | 33834
I can't wait for the movie but I have to admit that im not too crazy about it posbly being "Laurie's movie". This is mainly due to the fact that I wasn't too impressed with Scout's acting abilities. She's ok but I don't think she can carry a film at all. We'll see what happens I guess.
ny ghoul Saturday 1/31/2009 at 04:53 AM | 33853
I am also looking forward to Robs movie creation of a masterpiece if its anything to go by from his first film. Then should be a great watch...

;)
Ice Queen Saturday 1/31/2009 at 05:04 AM | 33857
Tim Sullivan, filmmaker (2001 Maniacs) and good friend of Rob Zombie, caught up to the writer and director Halloween 2 to get a read on what the next chapter in the Myers legacy is about.

Zombie begins by clearing the air on why he's back. Most of it having to do with a want to follow through on the world he created in Halloween. Introductions to the characters were made in that remake and now he's allowed to run with them in any direction he feels like.

He also emphazes the sequel is not a redo of Rick Rosenthal's film.

Scout Taylor-Compton has not read the script, Zombie says, but it will definitely be her movie. "She's not the happy-go-lucky girl, now she's very f**ked up famous person, trying to make sense of this," he explains. "It takes place over some time, but it starts that night

and then essentially, I mean...the first one, Laurie has no idea what just happened. But then she wakes up the next day and someone's going, 'Oh by the way, your parents are dead. All your friends are dead. And actually, your brother is uh, Charles Manson.' You know? 'How do you feel about that?' See what I mean?"

Zombie seems unsure if Malcolm McDowell will return as Dr. Loomis and adds that he'd rather not have the character at all if the actor doesn't gn to the film. There's more solid reading to be had, so check out Icons of Fright's full interview right here.

Halloween 2 opens in theaters August 28th.

href="http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9315">http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/to ... hp?id=9315

I'm down with this, let Zombie off the leash and see what he can do with a Halloween movie all to himself . . . no studios telling him what he has to have or can't have.

From the early sounds of this I'm all game!

DaShape Saturday 1/31/2009 at 05:17 AM | 33863
I know it's still in the early stages, but after reading through that article and interview, I'd have to say so far, so bad.

gummi Saturday 1/31/2009 at 08:15 AM | 33868