Forums Off Topic
ATTN: NY Horror Fiends!

Hey everyone....

Some of you might know but for those of you that dont...I am co-owner of a horror film company called HALLOWS EVE FILMS (
href="http://www.hallowsevefilms.com">www.hallowsevefilms.com). We just completed our first feature film called "THE TURNPIKE KILLER" which I co-wrote and co-directed. Its a slasher film that is very influenced by late 70's and early 80's horrors like MANIAC and LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT.

We're having a screening party in Queens NY on Sunday February 8th. Anyone in NYC or in the NJ area by all means come hang out and watch the movie. Most of the cast will be there and maybe one or two surprises. We'll also be debuting the official film poster. Come hang out...I'd love to meet some other HORRORBID freaks! Support true underground horror! hope to see you there. -Evan

the info:

In the tradition of 1970's and 1980's American horror cinema Hallows Eve Films presents....."The Turnpike Killer". Sunday February 8th at 8pm! at:
href="http://www.hellgatesocial.com/contact.html">http://www.hellgatesocial.com/contact.html

all driving/travel info is available on the venue te.
ny ghoul Monday 2/02/2009 at 02:35 PM | 34106
Sounds awesome...I'll see if I can't grab Lisa and we'll take a ride over :)
kweandee Monday 2/02/2009 at 04:36 PM | 34114
Hey that would be awesome! Just so you know theres no cover charge to get in and the location is easy to get to via the BQE/Grand Central. I tried to get a Friday or Saturday but its imposble....so Sunday it is but hopefully its early enough for the people who need to leave right after the film. Anyway let me know.

Also just so you know this is a 100% pro film....no "mummble-core" here lol. Drop me a pm if you think you can make it!-Evan
ny ghoul Monday 2/02/2009 at 04:45 PM | 34115
Scheduled!

LÜCKMANN Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 12:11 PM | 34188
Ok bro! I'll pick you up from the airport....but remember...no machetes or bloody axes allowed on the plane!!!
ny ghoul Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 05:17 PM | 34226
Bump for nyc Horror!....this Sunday!
ny ghoul Saturday 2/07/2009 at 03:25 PM | 34815
So how was it Ghoul! TELL US NOW!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 2/09/2009 at 03:35 AM | 35011
Thanks for asking bro! Well this was our second screening of the film and the first time in NYC. The turnout was AMAZING.....pretty much the whole cast and crew came; family and friends; and most importantly FANS!

We unveiled the official poster art with the artist in attendance and offered a limited run of 35 posters for any donation. (any and all $ goes to paying back investors and to fund the next film) We got to gn some posters...the one that kinda made me feel all giddy was gning one for Bret Easton Ellis! A very close friend of his who is a producer came to see the film (which she loved!) and she had us gn a poster for Mr. Ellis. Im a HUGE "American Psycho" fan as Im sure most of you are so that was a treat! The word is spreading and we're trying to shop the film. Its called "The Turnpike Killer" and its a pro shot and produced movie that pays homage to 70's and early 80's horror.

Thanks for the interest guys. Starting next month my company HALLOWS EVE FILMS will be doing a horror film night where we'll screen new underground films and ofcourse clascs. We'll try and throw in a few surprises like guest actors and directors. I'll have more info on that soon! (Im going to try and get something going with either MANIAC or MANIAC COP!) anyway Im ranting!

but here guys...if you have myspace please come on by and join our friends and check out the pics. We have pics from the shoot and from last night as well! thanks Evan
ny ghoul Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 02:32 AM | 35121
I was so sorry to have missed it...ahh the joys of not being able to find a babytter at the last minute...lol next time though

;)
kweandee Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 01:07 PM | 35192
We're going to screen it again at the same joint in a few months so maybe we'll see you then! ;)
ny ghoul Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 03:32 PM | 35211