Forums Horror Collectibles
F13 BLU-RAY MESSED UP...

Paramount cropped the image 10.6%. Not theatrical ratio. Oh well, I won't be buying it until it's fixed then.
SithLord Wednesday 2/04/2009 at 12:02 AM | 34299
That is messed up.

I'm a big supporter of theatrical release ratios.

When I had smaller SD 4:3 screens, I only bought widescreen DVDs.

Now that I own an HD 16:9 TV, I expect the same.

To this day I refuse to watch ANYTHING in 4:3 fullscreen unless it's the only option.

This "enhanced for 16:9 TV" crap is just fullscreen for bigger TVs. My biggest pet peeve are widescreen DVDs that are 4:3 ratio, but still sold as "Widescreen".

So you get either the theatrical ratio that uses only 1/2 of your big ass screen, or you get a stretched out, almost unwatchable picture if you zoom in.

This is usually only on DVDs released before 16:9 TVs were the norm, but it's still annoying as hell.

I haven't made the switch to Blu-Ray yet.

I refuse to pay $25 per movie for just a slight increase in resolution.

But, I'll save that rant for a future thread.

Snoballz Wednesday 2/04/2009 at 12:41 AM | 34307
Chris, you should be happy if have to pay only 25 bucks for it. You know how much we have to pay for a BluRay player? Almost R$1000,00, what's more or less than $ 400.00. Now with the movies, a blu-ray disc today, to be cheap, is about $50.00, or R$ 120,00. So, be happy dude. Talking about F13th movie, don't know what the hell Paramount producer have in their heads. They f***up with the 3D veron, never released P7 and P8 out of USA and now this with the BluRay... I hope the remake don't go the same way.
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 2/04/2009 at 11:43 AM | 34428