Forums Horror Collectibles
THE UP GRADE KIT (IKEA CASE COMPATIBLE)

OK gang we finally got the proto hammered out and set up. Our UP GRADE KIT will modify your ikea deltof cases and will make them a standing tower of museum grade quality. The idea came from owning one of these cases and also offering cases from our company. I mply ran out of room to display any more of our counter top display cases so I was wall mounting many masks and decided to pick one of these so I could display 4 masks standing for under $100.00. The problem that I had with the ikea case was its very out of place in my office so I decided to add some QUIET ON THE SET flare to the degn and make it high end. We raised the case a foot and a half with some beefy 1/2inch thick black acrylic and added a marquee to the top of the case that has an interchangeable display window that can have movie titles engraved into it or decals reverse mounted to. We are still working on the light kit and heat venting top and another style of display window material that is very cool. The finished display is 80 inches tall and now all of the masks are (viewable). I'm over 6 feet tall and this has clearly got some height on me.

If you have any questions about these conatct me and i will give you any additional details you might need.

Contact info can be found on my te or send me a pm.

here is a before pic of my case and you can see the mask on the floor. I hated seeing my mask at foot level.
quietonthesetstudios Thursday 2/12/2009 at 01:48 PM | 35482
Awesome display

Great work with the upgrading too.

Those Ikeas are cool and I agree with you on not liking the way the bottom mask gets displayed to foot level. Nice DB2 BTW
kaizu Thursday 2/12/2009 at 02:03 PM | 35483
Really like your display case. Sweet!
Klempo Thursday 2/12/2009 at 02:30 PM | 35484
That looks great!

I want one.

Hell, I want two!
Evildsm Thursday 2/12/2009 at 08:01 PM | 35500
All I can say is KICKASS Scott!!
HorrorSanctum Friday 2/13/2009 at 12:16 AM | 35524

bro that is ck!!!! Fantastic case work bro!!!!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 2/13/2009 at 12:25 AM | 35525
Thanks everyone. Now picture the h4 mask in a 5 foot tall case in between another one of these in that same room. This is why we should all hate Paul and take his masks

Seriously Paul has some great masks and the ones seen here in his case were just ones in arms reach for pics. I had to crack a beer the second we finished putting it up.
quietonthesetstudios Friday 2/13/2009 at 12:55 AM | 35530
Wow that is an awesome display case Scott

kweandee Friday 2/13/2009 at 03:41 AM | 35542