Forums Horror Movie Talk
Did you Like Zombie's Halloween?

Ok here it comes,

I know this is a bit controveral and please no body get upset at someone else because they like or dislike it.

I re-watched Zombie's Halloween last night again . . .two nights in a row . . . trying to decide if I really liked this film or not.

It had such shoes to fill and always stood in the shadow of the original.For better or for worst . . . .Did you honestly like it?

Now this isn't how it compares to the original but an honest opinion of enjoying walking into a theater and watching a NEW halloween film.

Was it a Great Horror Film?

Was is ok?

Was it garbage?

This is a stand alone question.

If this film was released without the original ever existing . . . would you like it?
DaShape Thursday 3/20/2008 at 01:29 AM | 6022
I think on its own, it was alright. It could have been better. But it did have some good key moments.
Doppelganger Thursday 3/20/2008 at 01:32 AM | 6025
i like my veron...................

in all seriousness it is better than part 5 part 8 and dare i say even 6

as good as the original? HELL NO

would i still like it if the original didnt exist? YES!

but i still like my cut better lol
Johnny Bisco Thursday 3/20/2008 at 01:35 AM | 6027
Was it garbage?

getting warmer...
lblambert Thursday 3/20/2008 at 01:36 AM | 6029
as good as the original? HELL NO

LOL, you just couldn't help yourself LOL
DaShape Thursday 3/20/2008 at 01:38 AM | 6031
LOL Looks like this is going downhill... -Dexter
Doppelganger Thursday 3/20/2008 at 01:38 AM | 6032

Still plenty of board regulars to chime in on this . . . I just really want to see where we all stand on the film (now that it's newness has come and gone)

Some opinions change over time and some just reaffirm.
DaShape Thursday 3/20/2008 at 01:40 AM | 6034

Still plenty of board regulars to chime in on this . . . I just really want to see where we all stand on the film (now that it's newness has come and gone)

Some opinions change over time and some just reaffirm. i like it better now than i did when i first saw it
Johnny Bisco Thursday 3/20/2008 at 01:42 AM | 6035
It was too trashy, there wasn't enough suspense, and the ending was too short. Take out all the crap scenes and you might have a good movie.

^Regardless of that, I enjoyed seeing it in theaters and bought the DVD. So... mison accomplished.
Myers31TKD Thursday 3/20/2008 at 01:43 AM | 6036
I knew what I was getting when I went to watch this movie. I knew not to hold it up or even try to compare it to the original because I would only get upset and let down. Doing that is what made the movie alright for me.

-Dexter
Doppelganger Thursday 3/20/2008 at 01:44 AM | 6037
It was too trashy, there wasn't enough suspense, and the ending was too short. Take out all the crap scenes and you might have a good movie.

^Regardless of that, I enjoyed seeing it in theaters and bought the DVD. So... mison accomplished. combined directors cut, theatrical cut, deleted scenes, workprint and added different muc and made better movie

mison accomplished!

Johnny Bisco Thursday 3/20/2008 at 01:47 AM | 6039
I guess one day I'll have to see your veron Bisco. Sounds proming.
Myers31TKD Thursday 3/20/2008 at 01:48 AM | 6041
Yes I will have to see that as well. Jonny Bisco's re-imagining of the 2007 Halloween. I can see it now... -Dexter
Doppelganger Thursday 3/20/2008 at 01:51 AM | 6043
its the only one i watch now
Johnny Bisco Thursday 3/20/2008 at 01:54 AM | 6045
I'm actually think of making a cut for myself . . . on my old school editing deck LOL.

I watched it twice and Came up in my head a really good veron . . . we'll see though.
DaShape Thursday 3/20/2008 at 01:57 AM | 6048
I'm actually think of making a cut for myself . . . on my old school editing deck LOL.

I watched it twice and Came up in my head a really good veron . . . we'll see though. i challenge you to an editing duel!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Thursday 3/20/2008 at 02:00 AM | 6049
Uh oh!!! This would be awesome!! Please accept! Winner gets to hand out free dvd's to the voters!

-Dexter
Doppelganger Thursday 3/20/2008 at 02:04 AM | 6050

I watched it twice and Came up in my head a really good veron . . . we'll see though. i challenge you to an editing duel

I'd have to mail it to you so you could watch it
DaShape Thursday 3/20/2008 at 02:17 AM | 6051

I watched it twice and Came up in my head a really good veron . . . we'll see though. i challenge you to an editing duel

I'd have to mail it to you so you could watch it no wed have to mail them to the judges
Johnny Bisco Thursday 3/20/2008 at 02:23 AM | 6053
You can send them to me. I will GLADLY judge.. -Dexter
Doppelganger Thursday 3/20/2008 at 02:26 AM | 6055
The Judges need to people who HATE RZ's halloween and can we change their opinions . ..

now that's a challenge LOL
DaShape Thursday 3/20/2008 at 02:37 AM | 6058
Yes that would be a challenge indeed. I know some of those folks. Man I can see it now... What a bad image.. -Dexter
Doppelganger Thursday 3/20/2008 at 02:41 AM | 6059
The Judges need to people who HATE RZ's halloween and can we change their opinions . ..

now that's a challenge LOL

Just feed your cuts to the "Sheriff". He'll sort it out.

Myers31TKD Thursday 3/20/2008 at 02:42 AM | 6060
It just needs to be people who really dislike it but are open to changing their minds.

Some people were really upset by the movie and won't change their minds no matter what (this is in no way talking about Heretic and please don't band me LOL).

After several repeated viewing I really saw a good movie in there . . . just needs to be trimmed up a bit I think.

Still, I could edit this thing and it turns out to be no better.

We'll see . . . I have to edit a wedding first.
DaShape Thursday 3/20/2008 at 02:47 AM | 6061
The oh so feared Sheriff... an RZ halloween hater!!! LOL -Dexter
Doppelganger Thursday 3/20/2008 at 02:48 AM | 6062
(this is in no way talking about Heretic and please don't band me LOL).

HAHAHA!! Laughed pretty hard at that. Nice cover.
Myers31TKD Thursday 3/20/2008 at 02:59 AM | 6063
So how many judges will be allowed in this nice little duel? I may not HATE the new halloween but I can certainly be a fair judge.. -Dexter
Doppelganger Thursday 3/20/2008 at 03:50 AM | 6074
My feelings on Rob Zombie's Halloween. Picture it, a die hard 14 year old Halloween fan, finds out that a new Halloween is coming out. Finally he can see one in theaters. He gets all hyped after seeing a couple clips, then august 31st comes and he is in the theater, he hears the famous Halloween theme, he is giddy as hell. The movie is no over. This kid(Me) is disgusted at what he just saw. No matter how he tried to look at the movie it was horrible. I realized that Rob Zombie can not direct, also he has not one original bone in his body. It was disgusting, filthy, embarrasng, and just a shame. It was a complete letdown. What really angers me is when people say to look at it as its own movie. Ethier way it is detestable, bedes if you do not want a movie looked at as a remake, then come up with your own movie.
mmyersisgod Thursday 3/20/2008 at 04:06 AM | 6076
It was a complete let down. What really angers me is when people say to look at it as its own movie.

Sorry, not meaning to upset you.

I just really wanted people to try and look at it as a stand alone film with no biases of the original (to look at it as a stand alone film).

If you still hate it you are more than entitled to it.

I was just seeing what the opinions are now that the dust has settled and repeat viewings.
DaShape Thursday 3/20/2008 at 05:50 AM | 6081
There will never be another Halloween that captures the feelings the first one did, no matter how hard the cast, writers, producers, or director try. That is one thing

I have come to accept. The original just had all the stars in alignment, one of THE all-time clasc horror movies. With that said, I was still disappointed in RZ's veron. The (in my opinion) worthless backstory, trying to sympathize with Michael, excesve curng, awful Loomis among other things, just mply outway the few things I did like. Michael Myers costume and Tyler's portrayal... good! Danielle Harris back... good! Brad Dourif as Brackett... not bad. I guess my biggest problem was with the rest of the character development. Throughout I never felt for the victims (save Annie)

like I did in the original. I know this is a long post, I can just go on and on about this topic. Mainly because I was so excited about seeing MM on the big screen again.

Sorry for the rant, bottom line is I only give this veron 2.75/5.00 stars.
t-doyle Thursday 3/20/2008 at 12:23 PM | 6101
There will never be another Halloween that captures the feelings the first one did, no matter how hard the cast, writers, producers, or director try. That is one thing

I have come to accept. The original just had all the stars in alignment, one of THE all-time clasc horror movies. With that said, I was still disappointed in RZ's veron. The (in my opinion) worthless backstory, trying to sympathize with Michael, excesve curng, awful Loomis among other things, just mply outway the few things I did like. Michael Myers costume and Tyler's portrayal... good! Danielle Harris back... good! Brad Dourif as Brackett... not bad. I guess my biggest problem was with the rest of the character development. Throughout I never felt for the victims (save Annie)

like I did in the original. I know this is a long post, I can just go on and on about this topic. Mainly because I was so excited about seeing MM on the big screen again.

Sorry for the rant, bottom line is I only give this veron 2.75/5.00 stars.

I totally agree.
Myers31TKD Thursday 3/20/2008 at 12:47 PM | 6102
Let me put it this way: I will never ever ever ever own any mask, toy, replica, etc. related to that piece of tripe.
heretic Thursday 3/20/2008 at 03:54 PM | 6104
In brief, -Too much filth talk (not that it bothers me, but it doesn't belong in Halloween) -Giant myers -I hated every ngle character other than Danny Trejo. I just kept wishing they would all die -McDowell could not carry Pleasence's jock strap.
heretic Thursday 3/20/2008 at 03:56 PM | 6105
Let me put it this way: I will never ever ever ever own any mask, toy, replica, etc. related to that piece of tripe.

I actually liked the idea of the mask and how it looked. Even though it was very unrealistic in all ways.. -Dexter
Doppelganger Thursday 3/20/2008 at 04:13 PM | 6107
Alright, now we've got some input.

We are still misng some people so hopefully they chime in here eventually.

So as of now we stand:

Doppelganger - Alright Johnny Bisco - Alright but his cut is better lblambert - Lower than garbage myer31TKD - Good if you take out all the crap scenes mmyersgod - Detestable t-doyle - 2.75 / 5.00 stars Heretic - piece of tripe
DaShape Thursday 3/20/2008 at 06:35 PM | 6128
LOL That is the perfect way of putting it. Gotta love the Sheriff's input.. -Dexter
Doppelganger Thursday 3/20/2008 at 07:01 PM | 6135

I actually liked the idea of the mask and how it looked. Even though it was very unrealistic in all ways.. -Dexter well ALL the Halloweens are unrealistic!

punches holes through doors gets shot x times falls off balcony gets up and walks away so on and so forth
Johnny Bisco Thursday 3/20/2008 at 10:25 PM | 6164
Yeah, the more I think about it the unrealistic arguement can't really work.

Or if you follow that logic than RZ's Halloween is more realistic than H2.

At least in RZ Myers gets put down by a slug to the head. . . .while in H2 Michael takes 2 shots to the face and keeps on

truck'n.

Now H1 is a bit more real (in my opinion only), Myers does bust a hole in a door to unlock it . . .and he does bust through the closet (which most people could do if they really wanted in bad enough).

He gets stabbed in the neck with that needle . . .. could live.

Gets stabbed in the chest/shoulder . . . could ealy live . . . gets shot x times and falls off a two story house . ..

not likely but posble I guess.

Still, more "realistic" than H2 or RZ.
DaShape Thursday 3/20/2008 at 10:56 PM | 6170
Yeah, the more I think about it the unrealistic arguement can't really work.

Or if you follow that logic than RZ's Halloween is more realistic than H2.

At least in RZ Myers gets put down by a slug to the head. . . .while in H2 Michael takes 2 shots to the face and keeps on

truck'n.

Now H1 is a bit more real (in my opinion only), Myers does bust a hole in a door to unlock it . . .and he does bust through the closet (which most people could do if they really wanted in bad enough).

He gets stabbed in the neck with that needle . . .. could live.

Gets stabbed in the chest/shoulder . . . could ealy live . . . gets shot x times and falls off a two story house . ..

not likely but posble I guess.

Still, more "realistic" than H2 or RZ. ya the whole shot in both eyes and still lives

sheesh.............. oh ya and ON FIRE and still walking lol
Johnny Bisco Thursday 3/20/2008 at 11:00 PM | 6172
Oh so now were playing samantics!!! -Dexter
Doppelganger Friday 3/21/2008 at 03:05 AM | 6208