Forums Horror Movie Talk
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Domestic Boxoffice Competition

Yep, I'm dragging this thing out LOL.

Still, after Michael, Freddy and Jason we can't leave out LeatherFace!Below are the Domestic Box Office figures for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise (not adjusted for inflation of ticket prices).

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: $30,859,000 The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2: $8,025,872 The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3: $5,765,562 The Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre: $44,272 The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (remake): $80,571,655 The Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Beginning: $39,517,763

So looks like "The Return" almost didn't return.

Wow, that's a low number.

Also looks Like Mr. Hopper couldn't save part 2 (but was Dennis really that popular back then?).

Part 3 comes in second to last but I have to admit, it has the best trailer of them all . . .you remember it . . .when the demonic lady in the lake throw out the chainsaw like it's excalibur LOL.

The remake actual wins out on top . . . hmmm might have to check on inflation to see who's the real winner here.

Oh and I have to admit, out of all these I've never seen "The Beginning" even with it's extremely hot lead played by Jordana Brewster.

DaShape Wednesday 3/26/2008 at 04:02 PM | 6652
It doesn't surprise me that "The Return" pulled such low numbers. I mean, I used it as one of the worst horror movies ever. I don't know when Hopper got really famous, but I remember him from "Cool Hand Luke" back when he was fairly unknown. I'd like to see these adjusted for inflation so I could compare the original to the remake. I bet the original would win out. I enjoy these box office numbers. Will it stop at Leatherface?

Myers31TKD Wednesday 3/26/2008 at 04:36 PM | 6655
Will it stop at Leatherface

he he he, nope . . . I'm slowly building up to something
DaShape Wednesday 3/26/2008 at 04:38 PM | 6657
the return AKA the next generation really wasnt released in theatres (just a couple places really)

they werent going to put out the dvd but then jerry mcquire came out and dazed and confused so they said fuck it lets advertise the dvd as stariing zellwger and mconahauy (i cant splell their stupid names lol)
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 3/26/2008 at 10:59 PM | 6686
lets advertise the dvd as stariing zellwger and mconahauy (i cant splell their stupid names lol)

lol. no, but a valiant effort on your part.

Myers31TKD Wednesday 3/26/2008 at 11:08 PM | 6687
lets advertise the dvd as stariing zellwger and mconahauy (i cant splell their stupid names lol)

lol. no, but a valiant effort on your part.

lol why is it the only 2 people in that movie who ever did anything have hard to spell names lol

Joel or Justin how about a spell check on this page???
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 3/26/2008 at 11:16 PM | 6689