Forums Horror Movie Talk
Even more rare than a 75 Kirk....

Would almost certainly be the 75 Trek aliens. The salt vampire pops up from time to time, and maybe a gorn once in a blue moon, but the mugato....you almost never see one. Rubies had a license to produce them but thier verons pale in comparison to original Don Post copies. In the pic below, you can sort of see the Trek aliens hangin' round Gene.
TxSteveTodd Friday 3/28/2008 at 02:00 AM | 6808
Is that yours?

Holy cow!

You really do have a great collection there.
kirk magnum Friday 3/28/2008 at 03:25 AM | 6828

First off Jim, that is just unbelievable and your collection just amazes me. I have never seen this photo above and I am quite surprised how large the Kirk and Spock masks seem to be. All the past ads and photos I have seen they seem a lot smaller than those?

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 3/28/2008 at 06:01 AM | 6848
I believe that, that particular photo was enhanced in a way, that would make those 2 masks seem larger then what they really are. You're right, those masks aren't that large.
SithLord Friday 3/28/2008 at 06:48 AM | 6849
Is that yours?

Holy cow!

You really do have a great collection there.

I wish I owned it. I had a chance to buy this exact mask back in 98 or 99 and I passed. Shound of pulled the trigger when I had a chance.
TxSteveTodd Friday 3/28/2008 at 08:35 AM | 6850
I believe that, that particular photo was enhanced in a way, that would make those 2 masks seem larger then what they really are. You're right, those masks aren't that large.

Keep in mind that picture is from the 70's and photo enhancement didn't happen so ealy. I've seen a better veron of that pic. The Kirk and Spock are just closer to the camera making them look bigger.
HorrorSanctum Friday 3/28/2008 at 02:28 PM | 6853
Yeah, the quality of the pic is my fault. It's a pic from an article in Famous Monsters about Don Post Studios. I could never get a decent scan of the pic, so I took my digital cam took a shot of it. So the image distortion comes from the angle I took the photo at.
TxSteveTodd Friday 3/28/2008 at 11:30 PM | 6867