Forums Horror Movie Talk
Directors of Hellraiser Remake quit

According to HorrorMovies.ca the directors of the HellRaiser remake have quit. Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Maury who were tapped to direct have walked. The film which is being produced by Barker is getting a mixed response from horror fans.
DaShape Monday 4/07/2008 at 07:13 PM | 7793
i still have mixed feelings about this remake..................
Johnny Bisco Monday 4/07/2008 at 10:16 PM | 7807
i still have mixed feelings about this remake..................

Same here. I know that Clive wouldn't screw it up, but I HATE remakes with a pason. I don't know what to think.

Myers31TKD Monday 4/07/2008 at 10:18 PM | 7808
i know what to think

i think ill wait for the dvd and rent it instead of going to the theatre!
Johnny Bisco Monday 4/07/2008 at 10:20 PM | 7809
I think they would mess this one up with to much CGI. The CGI would also be mid grade because of the budget.
CartyParty Tuesday 4/08/2008 at 12:31 AM | 7852
I think they would mess this one up with to much CGI. The CGI would also be mid grade because of the budget.

yeah, too much CGI can pretty much ruin a movie.

I'm a firm believer that the best CGI is the kind you don't even notice . .. like in "The Zodiac".

Half that movie was CGI and you couldn't tell at all LOL.
DaShape Tuesday 4/08/2008 at 12:36 AM | 7855

Good point. I'm not opposed to CGI, but I do think that too much can totally ruin the effect of a movie (most recently seen with I Am Legend).
Myers31TKD Tuesday 4/08/2008 at 12:52 AM | 7862

Man I want to see this movie.

I was completely hooked when I saw the trailer months ago.

I thought, "hmmm, something original and it's based on Halloween Night?"

This looks pretty good then I find out it was lost in the abyss of Hollywood politics and who knows what else.

This is what Bloody-Disgusting found out:

We received a call this morning where we learned that Warner Home Video will in fact be releang Michael Dougherty's Trick 'r Treat (review) on DVD in the future, although no immediate plans have been made. What we found interesting is that we were told that the horror anthology will also play in a few theaters this October (see it in NY October 13), so a few lucky individuals will get a chance to check it out soon! For everyone else you can get hyped by picking up the deshow Collectibles toy, which is now shipping, or check out the incredible book that ships this September. More details on the release when they come in.
DaShape Friday 8/22/2008 at 03:39 AM | 17358
Why is this movie not going to show in all theatres.Looks good enough to me.
wickedbeard Monday 8/25/2008 at 09:31 PM | 17532
I've never seen the figures about a year ago all I seen were the masks and art and more recent more merch for the movie and everything looks real boss.

The synops really did not do anything for me but all the visuals are dope.
DWN Productions Monday 9/01/2008 at 06:35 AM | 18014