Forums Horror Movie Talk
Joker Scene cut from Dark Knight ? ? ? **UPDATE**

Cinema Blend has heard something interesting from a friend of the te today, who for anonymity's sake we will call Dick Grayson. According to our very own caped crusader there have been recent secret screening of The Dark Knight going on in various locations around the country. This may be of no surprise a couple of months short of release, however, what is of interest and concern is a scene the scooper talks of, which due to the tragic death of Heath Ledger, may never see the light of day because of reactions in many of the screenings.

The scene involves Ledger’s Joker character pretending to be dead and being pictured in a body bag. Apparently the aftershocks of Ledger’s unfortunate death are such that many in the screening reacted rather badly to this moment and now execs are condering excing the scene altogether.

So what do you guys think about this?Do you think this is a serious mistake if Warner really cuts it? The Dark Knight is Ledger’s final complete role and to cut it down for the sake of a few overly sentive people in a screening seems a little reactionary.

or

Is this in real bad taste after the tragic accident of Mr. Ledger?

This should be cut out for respect of the family and is a really bad "joke" (no pun intended).

Audiences are not ready for this . . . hits too close to home.
DaShape Friday 4/11/2008 at 06:09 AM | 8111
I will say that just imagining that scene makes me feel a bit uneasy. BUT... I don't think that he would have wanted the movie to change it's course on account of his death. I know I wouldn't. I'd want people to see the whole film the way it was meant to be seen. I'm sure it's being looked at very carefully though. It's a real touchy tuation. I hope the decion that they make is for the best.

R.I.P. Heath
Myers31TKD Friday 4/11/2008 at 06:19 AM | 8113
why do people over react to everything???????????? good lord after 9-11 they took out the twin towers out of some movies (like spider-man) because they didnt want to offend anyone. give me a break leave the scene in. its not like he will be remembered for this anyways he will always be remembered playing a gay cowboy

(end of politically incorrect rant)
Johnny Bisco Friday 4/11/2008 at 12:41 PM | 8121
I agree.....that in this age of politically Correct BULLSHIT, everyone tends to tip toe around issues like that...problem is I think most people wouldn't care. I for one want to see it uncut. At the end of this Batman....instead of the Joker dying, do we see him giggling to himself playing checkers in an old folks home? His faded green hair matted down...a big bald spot on top? A big slobbery toothless grin as he contemplates filling his adult diaper?
HorrorSanctum Friday 4/11/2008 at 01:30 PM | 8122
I agree.....that in this age of politically Correct BULLSHIT, everyone tends to tip toe around issues like that...problem is I think most people wouldn't care. I for one want to see it uncut. At the end of this Batman....instead of the Joker dying, do we see him giggling to himself playing checkers in an old folks home? His faded green hair matted down...a big bald spot on top? A big slobbery toothless grin as he contemplates filling his adult diaper? LOL! People need to remember that its a MOVIE! If someone is that unstable and can't tell the difference between fiction and reality then they shouldnt be watching a movie in the first place. This just in... people die!!

Its the final part of everyones life. Why people feel the need to try and cover that up is beyond me!
CartyParty Friday 4/11/2008 at 03:16 PM | 8123
preach on brothers sam and casey!!!
Johnny Bisco Friday 4/11/2008 at 04:00 PM | 8130
UPDATE

The scene, involving the late Heath Ledger in his role as the Joker, was said to have “caused adverse reactions in the audience.” Subsequently, it was reported that WB might cut the scene to ensure that Heath Ledger’s memory was not marred by the movie.

However enumerable critics and pundits across the internet noted that this performance – by all reports – is going to be Ledger’s greatest, and that nothing should be cut from the original movie. Everyone from onset crew to Michael Caine have agreed that Ledger’s take on the perennial favorite Batman villain, is going to be mind blowing.

At the end of last week, Moviehole.net received inde information which stated clearly that the movie would remain intact. "I KNOW for a fact that that scene is in the film. I also know that WB has made no such mandate and that Chris

is honest when saying that he will not change what was intended with The Joker,” said the informant.

With the movie scheduled to hit cinemas in the middle of July, the countdown has begun, and discusons are already surfacing as to the posbility of an Oscar nomination for Ledger’s role.

If the academy gives Ledger an oscar nomination for this I'll eat my shoe (not that he might not deserve it but the Academy is too snooty for this to EVER happen)
DaShape Monday 4/14/2008 at 03:20 AM | 8408
The scene, involving the late Heath Ledger in his role as the Joker, was said to have “caused adverse reactions in the audience.” Subsequently, it was reported that WB might cut the scene to ensure that Heath Ledger’s memory was not marred by the movie.

However enumerable critics and pundits across the internet noted that this performance – by all reports – is going to be Ledger’s greatest, and that nothing should be cut from the original movie. Everyone from onset crew to Michael Caine have agreed that Ledger’s take on the perennial favorite Batman villain, is going to be mind blowing.

At the end of last week, Moviehole.net received inde information which stated clearly that the movie would remain intact. "I KNOW for a fact that that scene is in the film. I also know that WB has made no such mandate and that Chris

is honest when saying that he will not change what was intended with The Joker,” said the informant.

With the movie scheduled to hit cinemas in the middle of July, the countdown has begun, and discusons are already surfacing as to the posbility of an Oscar nomination for Ledger’s role.

Good. Knowing what I did, I would have been disappointed had the movie been changed. I don't really whether or not he gets the Oscar nomination. I've never seen it as a good gauge in the first place.
Myers31TKD Monday 4/14/2008 at 03:33 AM | 8414
Definitely great news,glad to hear its not going to be cut I cant see an Oscar nomination, I dont think jack nicholson got one
skidz Monday 4/14/2008 at 03:59 AM | 8420