Forums Horror Movie Talk
Diary of the Dead

If have seen this film post your thought or review...

I am a huge Romero/Dead fan. I thought the movie was pretty good in comparison to the Land of the Dead. Originally I was real skeptical about the film. I really think that he really made a comeback with this one. If anyone else has a negative or potive of the movie post it...

If you havent seen it ...Go to vid-stream.com
Matthew Mayhem Thursday 4/17/2008 at 11:51 PM | 8896

I am a huge Romero/Dead fan. I thought the movie was pretty good in comparison to the Land of the Dead. Originally I was real skeptical about the film. I really think that he really made a comeback with this one. If anyone else has a negative or potive of the movie post it...

Got an exact link to that Matt? I hope it's better than Day of the Dead...I stopped less than halfway thru...it sucked bad,
HorrorSanctum Friday 4/18/2008 at 12:50 AM | 8910
i haved seen the filme yet but it looks good
jad Saturday 4/19/2008 at 06:20 PM | 9069
I watched this and thought it was fantastic. Amazing. I got much much more than I expected from it. Romero is a genius. Not just a horror movie genius either. He's just an artist who conveys his point through something that he loves. Each one of his "Dead" films has a certain theme, and this one's no different. Really... I can't say enough about the message of this film. What he did with a zombie flick is really something special. See this if you haven't. 9/10 for Diary Of The Dead.

By the way, this topic should be moved to the "Movie Reviews" section.

;)
Myers31TKD Monday 4/21/2008 at 05:57 AM | 9256

Here you go Sam
href="http://www.vid-stream.com/movies/diary-of-the-dead">http://www.vid-stream.com/movies/diary-of-the-dead
Matthew Mayhem Tuesday 4/22/2008 at 02:17 AM | 9451

Here you go Sam
href="http://www.vid-stream.com/movies/diary-of-the-dead">http://www.vid-stream.com/movies/diary-of-the-dead

Watching it now . . .thanks for the link
DaShape Tuesday 4/22/2008 at 02:25 AM | 9452
DUDE I F***ING LOVED IT! ...
HorrorSanctum Tuesday 4/22/2008 at 03:40 PM | 9476
DUDE I F***ING LOVED IT! ...

I thought it had some of that old feel that the others had...Very good movie I cant wiat for it on DVD

Hey did any body else hear that there was a shaun of the dead 2
Matthew Mayhem Tuesday 4/22/2008 at 08:59 PM | 9496

Got an exact link to that Matt? I hope it's better than Day of the Dead...I stopped less than halfway thru...it sucked bad,

were you referring to the remake day of the dead...I hope lol
Matthew Mayhem Tuesday 4/22/2008 at 09:00 PM | 9497
I thought it had some of that old feel that the others had...Very good movie I cant wiat for it on DVD

Hey did any body else hear that there was a shaun of the dead 2

I agree. It was going a in a different direction with Land Of The Dead, and George knew that. He was really redeeming himself with this one. I'm with you man, can't wait for that DVD.

As for a Shawn Of The Dead 2... I hadn't heard that, but I'd probably welcome it. Normally I'm a bit iffy about sequels to good or clasc films, but I know Edgar and mon wouldn't screw it up. I'd only want one IF Edgar and mon are doing it though.
Myers31TKD Tuesday 4/22/2008 at 10:22 PM | 9512

were you referring to the remake day of the dead...I hope lol

Of course....I even loved the Dawn of the Dead remake. But Day remake sucked completely. I'm a big Romero fan...even thought LAND wasn't my favorite I liked it.
HorrorSanctum Tuesday 4/22/2008 at 10:26 PM | 9514
I havent seen Day remake...but the previews alone made me not want to see it...i heard it was just way off track...I probably wont even watch it on dvd...Im a huge romero fan myself...I didnt really care that much for land...i thought it was okay
Matthew Mayhem Wednesday 4/23/2008 at 01:06 AM | 9537
Diary of the dead was a great movie.... Liked land of the dead too...not one of my favorite zombie movies but it was cool. I really liked the Dawn of the dead remake too. Haven't seen the Day of the dead one...thanks for the warning...lol
kweandee Tuesday 8/12/2008 at 05:51 AM | 16644
This thread has expanded to really cover a few movies so I'll chip in my 2 cents on each, being a Romero fan as well.

Land - Not too bad actually. Didn't care for overall concept but there were enough little things (like mon Pegg & Edgar Wright as zombies) that were cool enough to make it worth rewatching.

Diary - My own thought is the "ung a handheld camera to add realism" fad wore out its welcome years ago and took a lot away from what could otherwise have been an excellent movie. I enjoyed it but it could have been much better.

Dawn Remake - A zombie movie for today's ADD kids that have never bothered to watch good stuff. The only slightly redeeming thing about it was I can't look at Jay Leno with a straight face anymore. I just think this one's a slap in the face to fans of the original.

Day Remake - Haven't seen it...won't see it
lblambert Tuesday 8/12/2008 at 08:56 PM | 16668