Forums Horror Movie Talk
ULTIMATE Friday the 13th Remake Thread (pics, news etc)

Comingsoon.net heard it was Derek MearsDerek Mears, who recently starred in The Hills Have Eyes 2 and has done stunts for the “Pirates of the Caribbean” films and the upcoming Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, will reportedly play Jason Voorhees in New Line Cinema and Platinum Dunes’ new Friday the 13th movie.
DaShape Monday 3/31/2008 at 10:34 PM | 7003
Yeah, so far I'm liking what I see. That guy looks the part (is that a compliment?) and I just hope that once he's all dressed up and in a hockey mask, the look is clasc. That's all I really hope for. A clasc look to Jason, a new story, and slaughtered sexually-active teenagers. If I get that out of this remake... I'll be happy.

Myers31TKD Monday 3/31/2008 at 10:42 PM | 7004
the choice intrigues me............he's a big dude
Johnny Bisco Monday 3/31/2008 at 11:17 PM | 7023
I would have asked Kane over the weekend what he thought of the choice . . .but then he would have probably choked me to death (literally) LOL.
DaShape Monday 3/31/2008 at 11:19 PM | 7024
he probably would have. i think hes still steamed that he wasnt picked for FvJ
Johnny Bisco Monday 3/31/2008 at 11:23 PM | 7025
I know for a fact he is P'd about Freddy vs. Jason.

I am actually cool with the guy they chose. Like Fenner told me on the phone, he won't take much makeup if they go with non zombie look.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 3/31/2008 at 11:26 PM | 7027
he didnt take much makeup for the hills have eyes remake lol
Johnny Bisco Monday 3/31/2008 at 11:31 PM | 7032
I would have asked Kane over the weekend what he thought of the choice . . .but then he would have probably choked me to death (literally) LOL.

Reminds me of a funny story from Screamfest last year. My wife wanted to take a picture of Kane and I together so he grabbed me around the throat to pose. What he didn't realize was that the angle he had me actually constricted my carotids enough that I actually started blacking out.

My wife found it immensely funny.
lblambert Monday 3/31/2008 at 11:35 PM | 7035
OH we know about Kane

. ..

then when he calls up Bill Moseley for double time LOL.

DaShape Monday 3/31/2008 at 11:38 PM | 7037
Well I can vouch for that! The first time I meet him and got a pic he chocked me without warning very F'ing hard! This time I knew it was coming but DAMN if you don't know what to expect when you get your picture taken with him your pretty much in for a shock of your lifetime.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 3/31/2008 at 11:39 PM | 7039
Well I can vouch for that! The first time I meet him and got a pic he chocked me without warning very F'ing hard! This time I knew it was coming but DAMN if you don't know what to expect when you get your picture taken with him your pretty much in for a shock of your lifetime. They actually held you neck for about 5 minutes. I was able to snap a shot just before they let go...

CartyParty Tuesday 4/01/2008 at 04:27 PM | 7152
Well I can vouch for that! The first time I meet him and got a pic he chocked me without warning very F'ing hard! This time I knew it was coming but DAMN if you don't know what to expect when you get your picture taken with him your pretty much in for a shock of your lifetime. They actually held you neck for about 5 minutes. I was able to snap a shot just before they let go...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
DaShape Tuesday 4/01/2008 at 04:44 PM | 7154
From Comingsoon.net

Amanda Righetti is in final negotiations to play the female lead in the Michael Bay-produced remake of Friday the 13th, directed by Marcus Nispel. Variety says filming will begin April 21 in Austin, Texas. Righetti also recently joined the cast of CBS pilot “The Mentalist” and her credits include Return to House on Haunted Hill and a recurring guest role on “K-Ville.” Jared Padalecki and Derek Mears co-star in the New Line pic, scheduled for a February 13, 2009 release.

DaShape Thursday 4/03/2008 at 05:29 PM | 7394
Yes rreeee! She is hOt! I remember when she played on the O.C. as Hailey.
t-doyle Thursday 4/03/2008 at 06:12 PM | 7397
Um... I APPROVE!!!!!!!
Myers31TKD Thursday 4/03/2008 at 06:46 PM | 7400
Lets see... looks good naked, cant really act....

Bingo! Perfect fit for a Friday movie!!

Did I mention she looks good naked!
CartyParty Thursday 4/03/2008 at 07:30 PM | 7403
Lets see... looks good naked, cant really act....

Bingo! Perfect fit for a Friday movie!!

Did I mention she looks good naked!In true Friday the 13th style LOL.
DaShape Thursday 4/03/2008 at 11:46 PM | 7436
as Buster Poindexter sang............................ HOT HOT HOT
Johnny Bisco Thursday 4/03/2008 at 11:55 PM | 7437
Got a new (better) pic of our new Jason.

I have to say, I'm kind of excited they are going with the non-zombie look this time around.

This guy ABSOLUTELY has potential.

DaShape Monday 4/07/2008 at 12:23 AM | 7732

is that booman or BLUEman?
Johnny Bisco Monday 4/07/2008 at 12:57 AM | 7739

I have to say, I'm kind of excited they are going with the non-zombie look this time around.

YES! Can't wait to see what they do with Jason's new look!
CartyParty Monday 4/07/2008 at 01:03 AM | 7740

YES! Can't wait to see what they do with Jason's new look i dont think he needs any makeup dude's creepy enough as it is
Johnny Bisco Monday 4/07/2008 at 01:05 AM | 7741
hmmmmmmmm, so I was over at Bloody-disgusting and this is the pic they had of Amanda.

Bring on the Friday remake LOL.

DaShape Thursday 4/10/2008 at 02:23 AM | 8007
http://www.alesoproietti.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/drooling-homer.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 4/10/2008 at 05:20 AM | 8013
Bloody-Disgusting has learned excluvely that 21-year-old Danielle Panabaker (Mr. Brooks, Sky High), Aaron Yoo (Disturbia, 21) and Travis Van Winkle (Transformers, Left in Darkness, Asylum) - all pictured inde - are the latest camp counselors to enroll at Camp Crystal Lake. They will join Jared Padalecki, Derek Mears and Amanda Righetti in Platinum Dunes' remake of Friday the 13th, which arrives in theaters Friday, February 13, 2009.

DaShape Sunday 4/13/2008 at 04:50 PM | 8329
IMO this is going south of good now that i see this. the jason casting is good but these guys?
Johnny Bisco Sunday 4/13/2008 at 05:23 PM | 8335
IMO this is going south of good now that i see this. the jason casting is good but these guys?

Yeah its going to be hard for them to live up to Kevin Bacon's legendary work on the first film.... NOT!
CartyParty Sunday 4/13/2008 at 06:43 PM | 8348

Yeah its going to be hard for them to live up to Kevin Bacon's legendary work on the first film.... NOT do i detect a hint of sarcasm there casey? lol

id rather see virtual unknowns in these movies
Johnny Bisco Sunday 4/13/2008 at 08:28 PM | 8356
do i detect a hint of sarcasm there casey? lol

I agree, but of course it's rare to find ANY movie like that in this day and age. Even some of Justin's home videos feature Golden Globe award winning Richard Gere. In a perfect world, the fans would get what the majority of them wanted (which makes a hell of a lot of sense to me).
Myers31TKD Sunday 4/13/2008 at 09:37 PM | 8375
do i detect a hint of sarcasm there casey? lol

I agree, but of course it's rare to find ANY movie like that in this day and age. Even some of Justin's home videos feature Golden Globe award winning Richard Gere. In a perfect world, the fans would get what the majority of them wanted (which makes a hell of a lot of sense to me).

DaShape Sunday 4/13/2008 at 10:41 PM | 8384
MATURE IMAGES SO USE CAUTION

Ok, so here's the best casting job so far Hummuna Hummuna LOL.

In addition to our masve breaking news last friday (the casting of Danielle Panabaker, Aaron Yoo and Travis Van Winkle), B-D reader 'Ronald' tipped us off to the latest casting news, which we confirmed this morning. "I am a hockey fan and I was just listening to NHL Live, which is a radio show/tv show on the NHL Network. There is a hockey player named Mike Madono who plays for the Dallas Stars. His wife is actress Willa Ford (oh, my, God pics inde) and she was on the show talking about her husband's team and how they're doing in the playoffs. After a while of talking to her, The host of the show asked her what she has been up to and she says that she has just been cast in the Friday the 13th remake. She said she went on a casting call and got the part." She will be off to begin shooting as early as next week! Watch for more news soon. Jason Voorhees returns on February 13, 2009.

DaShape Tuesday 4/15/2008 at 02:37 AM | 8642
Suddenly this movie doesn't seem like such a bad idea...
lblambert Tuesday 4/15/2008 at 03:06 AM | 8643
Suddenly this movie doesn't seem like such a bad idea...

HAHAHAHAHA I'm right there with you!She looks just like the type . . . "oh I'm just going for stroll on Camp Crystal Lake by myself in the dark . . . Oh, I have the sudden urge to take off my clothes and go for a swim"
DaShape Tuesday 4/15/2008 at 03:14 AM | 8645
I'm beginning to hate those little blue bastards! There are a few other pictures (that a quick google search will get you) that are... well, they're quite alright.

Good Jason: check Almost certain boobage: check Bad acting: more than likely;check

Looking good so far!!!

Myers31TKD Tuesday 4/15/2008 at 03:22 AM | 8648
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Fenner I almost solid myself when I saw the E.E.'s
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 4/15/2008 at 03:23 AM | 8649
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Fenner I almost solid myself when I saw the E.E.'sI almost showed all the good but thought the E.E. would have been . .. better LOL
DaShape Tuesday 4/15/2008 at 03:33 AM | 8650
I almost showed all the good but thought the E.E. would have been . .. better LOL

you thought wrong

lblambert Tuesday 4/15/2008 at 03:34 AM | 8651
I almost showed all the good but thought the E.E. would have been . .. better LOL

you thought wrongHAHAHHAHAHAHA
DaShape Tuesday 4/15/2008 at 03:36 AM | 8652
Man this movie looks like it is going to be GREAT!!!! Who said remakes suck????

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 4/15/2008 at 03:54 AM | 8653
Man this movie looks like it is going to be GREAT!!!! Who said remakes suck????

I'm going to completely admit this (and please don't hate me for this), but I'm also looking forward to this remake!

I want to see a new Hock look, I want the old Jason killing hot naked babes on the camp grounds!!!

Originally I was hoping for another sequel that would do this but a remake will work for me in this instance.I pretty much want a Part 2 only with a Hock!

DaShape Tuesday 4/15/2008 at 04:12 AM | 8655
I'm with you Joel...after all the franchise got to the point of Jason in Space...where can you go from there??

I loved the F13 movies where Jason

was at Crystal Lake and there were boobs aplenty...if a 'remake' gets us back there it works for me

lblambert Tuesday 4/15/2008 at 04:23 AM | 8657
In the immortal words of Hulk Hogan "Well you know something brother!" I am with you both on this. See remakes aren't so bad. I think this will be a good throw back to the 80's whore and gore fest we all secretly want.

Bring on the

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 4/15/2008 at 04:30 AM | 8658
ahhh hem, is this thing on! This is the "adult" thread right? It has the warning....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 4/15/2008 at 04:46 AM | 8659
ahhh hem, is this thing on! This is the "adult" thread right? It has the warning....

With the E.E. censored boobs LOL
DaShape Tuesday 4/15/2008 at 04:47 AM | 8660
I agree with you guys about the F13 remake. Now I HATE remakes, and that will never change... but I think in a franchise like Halloween, ANOES, or F13... a remake is the best way to go. I think that's the difference maker in this case. Once a series has run it's course (and all of them have), any future sequels become unlikely, and frankly unwanted. But the problem I have with remakes comes from remakes of clasc movies (Psycho, Planet Of The Apes, Charade, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, The Pink Panther, House Of Wax, etc.). REMAKE THE BAD ONES... NOT THE CLASCS!!!!

I will admit that I was excited for the Halloween remake, and I'm posbly even more excited for the F13 remake. I hear they might be remaking Rosemary's Baby... now THAT'S where my hate comes from. Fucking pitiful.
Myers31TKD Tuesday 4/15/2008 at 05:30 AM | 8661
Could agree with you more Mr. Eastwood

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 4/15/2008 at 05:48 AM | 8662
As long as jason swings her sleeping bag into a tree I will BE CONTENT. I have become found of that kill, anything else would be uncivilized.
quietonthesetstudios Tuesday 4/15/2008 at 11:59 AM | 8672
She looks just like the type . . . "oh I'm just going for stroll on Camp Crystal Lake by myself in the dark . . . Oh, I have the sudden urge to take off my clothes and go for a swim"

too funny
Matthew Mayhem Tuesday 4/15/2008 at 06:18 PM | 8679
DAMN Mike Modano is ONE LUCKY S.O.B.
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 4/15/2008 at 11:53 PM | 8722
While I was reading down through the threads all I kept reading from everyone was They are remaking Friday The 13th and I hope Jason has a new style Hock and I hope he kills someone in there sleeping bag... exc... Let us not forget that Pamela Voorhees was the Original Killer in Friday the 13th...

And I have to say, Most remakes suck Horribly, but there are cases were it's not as bad as we thought. Look at Rob Zombie's Halloween. I don't know about you guys, but to me... That movie was WAY differant than the original, BUT was good AND in alot of ways, it still kept it's originality towards the second half of the movie. The muc the acting... Who would have thought Rob Zombie could have done such a good job with More than Likely the most Imortal Clasc Holy Grale of Horror History??? haha... I was afraid he was going to mess it up. Anyway, Hopefully they pick another woman just as good or better than Betsy Palmer for the new Jason's Mother role a??? Thats next to the imposable... I don't think there's another female actress out there that could do as creepy of a job as Betsy... Gotta love good'ol betsy! hmmm... Hopefully they keep the arrow through the neck scene... Thats just fucken sweet!
Harry Warden Friday 4/18/2008 at 01:03 AM | 8911
While I was reading down through the threads all I kept reading from everyone was They are remaking Friday The 13th and I hope Jason has a new style Hock and I hope he kills someone in there sleeping bag... exc... Let us not forget that Pamela Voorhees was the Original Killer in Friday the 13th...

And I have to say, Most remakes suck Horribly, but there are cases were it's not as bad as we thought. Look at Rob Zombie's Halloween. I don't know about you guys, but to me... That movie was WAY differant than the original, BUT was good AND in alot of ways, it still kept it's originality towards the second half of the movie. The muc the acting... Who would have thought Rob Zombie could have done such a good job with More than Likely the most Imortal Clasc Holy Grale of Horror History??? haha... I was afraid he was going to mess it up. Anyway, Hopefully they pick another woman just as good or better than Betsy Palmer for the new Jason's Mother role a??? Thats next to the imposable... I don't think there's another female actress out there that could do as creepy of a job as Betsy... Gotta love good'ol betsy! hmmm... Hopefully they keep the arrow through the neck scene... Thats just fucken sweet

Actually, this "remake" isn't really a remake.

More just going back to clasc style Jason (in parts 3-4).

His mother may or may not even be in the film (they've yet to release any info on that character).

All we really know is there is going to be a reporter investigating Crystal Lake murders and "clasc" Jason with the Hock killing kids at camp.
DaShape Friday 4/18/2008 at 01:18 AM | 8916
As if there was any doubt . . .

It's pretty hilarious how far this has spread and that people actually believe it's posble - on other webtes, in our forums and under our news posts horror fans have been speculating that Friday the 13th will be rated PG-13 when it arrives in theaters February 13, 2009. Today we spoke with Platinum Dunes producer Brad Fuller who addressed the PG-13 rumor and how ridiculous it is. Read on for the skinny and get ready for the return of Jason Voorhees at his best.

"None of our remakes have been PG-13," Producer Brad Fuller tells Bloody-Disgusting. "How do you remake a rated R horror movie and take the guts out literally and figuratively? What is F13 without sex, drugs and really, really long sharp machete? And why would we, horror fans ourselves, produce a movie devoid of the things that made the title so appealing in the first place. So let me say for the record, that the F13 that we start shooting this Thursday is a full bodied, rated R film."

He elaborates on just how R-rated this film will be. "It has insane kills that will be shown in all their glory- it has a group of college students who drink and even have sex. We are betting that if we don’t hold back that the audience will reward us for being bold in a time when some horror movies are playing the ratings game. So we embrace the R-rating Friday the 13th will have, and hope you (the B-D readers) will too."

First off, if this had been rated PG-13 I would have lost all faith in the studios and assumed all movies were no longer made for artist reasons or nostalgia's sake (this is a slight exaggeration but in other words, I would be very mad).

Now, I have even more hope for this movie after this news.

However, I'm a bit concerned that nce they are going to follow this excess gore trend I don't want it to come across campy (like in Freddy vs Jason . . . a movie that I loved but wanted a bit more hard-core edge to it and realism . . . can I even say realism? LOL).

I want Jason doing what he does best . . . and by the of the film Crystal Lake better be the color red (and I was talking about realism up there LOL).
DaShape Friday 4/18/2008 at 02:56 AM | 8954
Thank the Lord!
CartyParty Friday 4/18/2008 at 02:59 AM | 8955
best news i heard all day (except sam saying my tramer is leaving monday lol)

if this posble turd would have been pg-13 i definately would have not wasted my time with it

excesve gore? BRING IT!

thats what f-13 was famous for!
Johnny Bisco Friday 4/18/2008 at 03:02 AM | 8956
Myers31TKD Friday 4/18/2008 at 03:06 AM | 8958
Ok, so It's not a picture so curse at me here . . .. .Alright, now that you've got that out of your system read this interview

Two weeks ago I got a sneak peak at the brand new Jason Voorhees. Masked and unmasked... I saw the real deal, photos of the actual sculpt they're ung to model Derek Mears, the latest to step into Jason's boots in Platinum Dunes' Friday the 13th. You can read all about it inde and see what producer Brad Fuller had to say about the evolution of the iconic character.

Once again I can't go into much detail on what I saw, but let me just say that fans will be happy to know that Jason's hockey mask will not disappoint. It looks slighty different and it's very menacing. Platinum Dunes producer Brad Fuller tells us, "It's such an iconic mask that you don't want to mess with it too much."

Fuller also had a pretty hilarious story about the FX degner who had a little airport trouble. "The degner carries the mask from LA in a steel case, takes it to the airport.

runs it through and it looks like a hockey mask - and they say 'Were going to have to take you in the back.' When they get in the back they ask him 'Is that Jason Voorhees' mask?!' They pretty much flipped out asking to take photos with it, which obviously they couldn't."

In addition to seeing the new mask, we got the first look at the man beneath the mask. It looks great, and fans of the franchise will be happy with what Nispel and the guys at Platinum Dunes are doing with the character. "We tried to update it with little things - I dont want to give it away," Fuller tells us. "When people see him, they're wont be a doubt that's it Jason'."

Jason Voorhees' mother calls him back to theaters Friday, February 13, 2009.

The more I see and hear the more I likes!!!
DaShape Monday 4/21/2008 at 02:50 AM | 9236
cool im looking forward to see the remake
jad Monday 4/21/2008 at 05:50 PM | 9267
Awesome...Can't wait!

I hope it will be better then Jason X...i was disappointed, it had hardly anything to do w/crystal lake and thats just wrong...lol
kweandee Wednesday 4/23/2008 at 03:33 AM | 9558
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 4/25/2008 at 06:45 PM | 9777
it kind of looks like it has a pig nose
Johnny Bisco Friday 4/25/2008 at 06:49 PM | 9779
looks a bit like the one in Jason X:

lblambert Friday 4/25/2008 at 07:00 PM | 9780
IS JASON GOING TO BE PART SWINE?

oldskool Friday 4/25/2008 at 07:09 PM | 9782
it isn't that bad, I do question the whole Jason X type look. It reminds me of a little part 8 and Jason X mixed together.
chattertooth Friday 4/25/2008 at 07:33 PM | 9783
I love Friday the 13th and welcome any new movie with open arms. I won't make a judgment though until I see the film. C'mon 2009

pamelavoorheesRIP Friday 4/25/2008 at 07:35 PM | 9784
pretty wicked if you ask me. has a really pissed off look. thanks for posting this.
frozensoul Friday 4/25/2008 at 07:40 PM | 9785
this poster looks " fan made " to me . notice the jason on the de as the whole thing looks to be a scene from Jason X . but personally i think the mask shouldn't look like the X mask and have more of the clasc look to it .

mike,
IbDaToNeGuY Friday 4/25/2008 at 07:50 PM | 9786
:evil: IS JASON GOING TO BE PART SWINE?

friday the 13th part swine in 3d
Johnny Bisco Friday 4/25/2008 at 07:51 PM | 9787
Aww . . . that ain't real. It's just a PhotoShopped pic of a JX mask. The whole poster is PhotoShopped too as a matter of fact. I can guarantee you that the makers will not go anywhere near the JX look. I'd like to have seen something like this . . .

Crash Friday 4/25/2008 at 07:53 PM | 9788
That HAS to be a fake.

Myers31TKD Friday 4/25/2008 at 07:58 PM | 9789
I don't know guys I just saw this same poster posted on Bloddy-Disgusting, could this be true?
thedarkside Friday 4/25/2008 at 08:03 PM | 9790
Aww . . . that ain't real. It's just a PhotoShopped pic of a JX mask. The whole poster is PhotoShopped too as a matter of fact. I can guarantee you that the makers will not go anywhere near the JX look. I'd like to have seen something like this . . .

thats sweet looking bro!

and yes upon further review the full Jason pic on that is a Jason X image. if its not ill take a pie in the face and eat crow
Johnny Bisco Friday 4/25/2008 at 08:04 PM | 9791

That mask Crash posted is on POINT! I also doubt they would do a mask that even looked close to the jason x mask. I can't wait to see it either way. Cool topic.

icepick Friday 4/25/2008 at 08:10 PM | 9793

WOW! Very cool. I wouldn't be disappointed to see something like this either man.

Oh, and could someone tell Justin that April fools is over!
Myers31TKD Friday 4/25/2008 at 08:14 PM | 9794
Heh-heh . . . thanks guys.

Hey Johnny . . . don't worry about mesn' up your face with that pie. Let's just eat that instead of the crow. Cuz that poster ain't real.

;)
Crash Friday 4/25/2008 at 08:14 PM | 9795
DEF A FAN MADE POSTER BUT MAN IT IS A BUZZ ON MYSPACE NOW. I TOO HOPE THEY MAKE IT LOOK SOMETHING MILAR TO THE IMAGE CRASH POSTED, SOMETHING CLASC WITH JUST A FEW TOUCHES TO UPDATE IT AND MAKE IT LOOK EVEN MEANER. THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO BE BIG I BELIEVE. FRIDAY THE 13TH IS PART OF AMERICAN CULTURE.

ducksauce Friday 4/25/2008 at 08:16 PM | 9796
I think I'll do up a fake teaser poster and send it to someone this weekend. We'll see how fast it spreads.
Crash Friday 4/25/2008 at 08:20 PM | 9797
Heh-heh . . . thanks guys.

Hey Johnny . . . don't worry about mesn' up your face with that pie. Let's just eat that instead of the crow. Cuz that poster ain't real.

Johnny Bisco Friday 4/25/2008 at 08:21 PM | 9798
I think I'll do up a fake teaser poster and send it to someone this weekend. We'll see how fast it spreads.

LIKE WILDFIRE APPERENTLYSOMEONE E-MAILED ME ABOUT IT

ducksauce Friday 4/25/2008 at 08:25 PM | 9799
a fake you say? well while we are on the subject how does everyone think the mask is going to look. more of a part 3 earlier human look with flesh hood and all? or more of a zombie Jason look?

pamelavoorheesRIP Friday 4/25/2008 at 08:27 PM | 9800
a fake you say? well while we are on the subject how does everyone think the mask is going to look. more of a part 3 earlier human look with flesh hood and all? or more of a zombie Jason look?

please god let him be human in this one!
Johnny Bisco Friday 4/25/2008 at 08:29 PM | 9801
well judging by the details I have heard a more human Jason is what they are going for. i just want to see a cool old school Jason movie, one I haven't seen in years with a huge body count and scantly clad women8-)
pamelavoorheesRIP Friday 4/25/2008 at 08:34 PM | 9802
well judging by the details I have heard a more human Jason is what they are going for. i just want to see a cool old school Jason movie, one I haven't seen in years with a huge body count and scantly clad women

ditto
Myers31TKD Friday 4/25/2008 at 08:37 PM | 9803

I AM JUST READY TO SEE THIS SUCKER NOW.

frozensoul Friday 4/25/2008 at 08:38 PM | 9804
YES! I KNEW THIS COULDN'T BE TRUE. IF THEY EVEN GO CLOSE TO A JASON PIG NOSE LOOK I WILL START A RAMPAGE THAT SPILLS OUT OF THE CRYSTAL LAKE REGION AND INTO THE STREETS YOUR KIDS PLAY ON MAN I AM READY TO SEE THIS FILM NOW!

oldskool Friday 4/25/2008 at 08:42 PM | 9806
UHHGGG Too Jason X....
HorrorSanctum Friday 4/25/2008 at 08:43 PM | 9807
UHHGGG Too Jason X....

YES NO WAY THAT IS THE LOOK. I ACTUALLY REALLY LIKE THE ONE THAT CRASH DID, I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT. IS THAT FOR SALE?
oldskool Friday 4/25/2008 at 08:47 PM | 9808
hehehe this is crazy I have seen a bunch of bulletins about this already. people are going nuts!

they would be wise to read this stuff, no one wants a Jason X look it seems
pamelavoorheesRIP Friday 4/25/2008 at 08:48 PM | 9809
it fooled me if it is a fake. I really don't think it is all that bad but you guys are right it is a little to much of a Jason X look which I never understood the change in noses in the first place?
chattertooth Friday 4/25/2008 at 08:51 PM | 9810
AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THOUGHT THE REALLY PISSED OFF LOOK OF THE POSTER WAS KINDA COOL?
frozensoul Friday 4/25/2008 at 08:54 PM | 9811
AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THOUGHT THE REALLY PISSED OFF LOOK OF THE POSTER WAS KINDA COOL?

i am with you to a degree. i like the angry look but they are right it is to close to the jason x look i think after really looking at it for awhile.
chattertooth Friday 4/25/2008 at 08:58 PM | 9812
Oh no...it's fake? I got really excited at the thought of a new movie coming out...

kweandee Friday 4/25/2008 at 09:01 PM | 9813

I don't really like that look at all. I think the clasc look is the way to go, but of course that's only my opinion.

Myers31TKD Friday 4/25/2008 at 09:01 PM | 9814
Oh no...it's fake? I got really excited at the thought of a new movie coming out...Well a new movie IS coming out, just not with that godawful mask.

;)
Myers31TKD Friday 4/25/2008 at 09:03 PM | 9815
Oh no...it's fake? I got really excited at the thought of a new movie coming out...THE MASK IS A FAKE THEY ARE SAYING BUT FRIDAY THE 13TH IS BEING REMADE AND WILL BE OUT FEBRUARY OF 2009. SO STAY EXCITED

frozensoul Friday 4/25/2008 at 09:04 PM | 9816
Oh no...it's fake? I got really excited at the thought of a new movie coming out...THE MASK IS A FAKE THEY ARE SAYING BUT FRIDAY THE 13TH IS BEING REMADE AND WILL BE OUT FEBRUARY OF 2009. SO STAY EXCITEDhow cool is it that it is coming out on friday the 13th. they may just screw around and make a good movie here, we will wait and see.

chattertooth Friday 4/25/2008 at 09:05 PM | 9817
Although I'm not quite sure where the pig mask came from (or if it's fake), the poster from the original topic post is indeed fan-made... in fact, I made it.

You can check out where I orginally posted it at MySpace http://www.myspace.com/fauxsters or at DeviantArtfauxster.deviantart.com.

Glad some people liked it, check out my webtes, I have 40+ more posters!

And I think the "Jason" image I used was from Jason X if I'm not mistaken.
Fauxster Friday 4/25/2008 at 09:36 PM | 9819
Although I'm not quite sure where the pig mask came from (or if it's fake), the poster from the original topic post is indeed fan-made... in fact, I made it.

You can check out where I orginally posted it at MySpace http://www.myspace.com/fauxsters or at DeviantArtfauxster.deviantart.com.

Glad some people liked it, check out my webtes, I have 40+ more posters!

And I think the "Jason" image I used was from Jason X if I'm not mistaken.

Cool to actually hear it from the man who created it. Case closed.
Myers31TKD Friday 4/25/2008 at 09:40 PM | 9820
I'm surprised no one noticed the cast was waaaaay wrong in the credit block (I made the poster before any cast was announced).

Ah well.

To each his own.

Here is the Jason image I used:

Fauxster Friday 4/25/2008 at 09:46 PM | 9821
Hey guys, just letting you know that Poster is a fake (fan Made, just a rehash of the Jason X mask . . . which I hate that mask for it's pig nose LOL).

They have yet to reveal what the mask looks like.
DaShape Friday 4/25/2008 at 09:50 PM | 9822
I'm surprised no one noticed the cast was waaaaay wrong in the credit block (I made the poster before any cast was announced).

Ah well.

To each his own.

HAHA!!! I actually looked at the bottom part of that, but didn't bother to look at the cast. Bill Moseley as Jason??

Myers31TKD Friday 4/25/2008 at 09:51 PM | 9823

Ah well.

To each his own.

Here is the Jason image I used:

Thanks for the heads up brother, I was getting ready to post this message from you that I received on myspace. You do great work I will tell you that!

Hey-

About that poster for the F13 remake... it's definately a fake. I know because I made it (and still have the native Photoshop file too). As for the pig mask thing, I don't know where that came from, but boy... it's sure piggy looking.

You can check out where I orginally posted it on DeviantArt (fauxster. deviantart. com) as well as on my MySpace profile. Just a head's up!

- Jordan FAUXSTERS

Well it sure caused a lot of stir and shows this movie is definitly going to be the talk of the town as February grows closer.

Crash your rendetion of Jason's hock is amazing and I think something along those lines would work perfectly. Thanks for sharing brother...

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 4/25/2008 at 10:42 PM | 9828
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 4/25/2008 at 11:56 PM | 9846
yep thats all i saw when i looked at it lol
Johnny Bisco Saturday 4/26/2008 at 12:00 AM | 9847
and i might add for those who don't pay attention to detail . on the poster in the credits , it lists Bill Moseley as playing Jason .....everyone already knows that Derek Mears will be playing Jason so this whole thing is a scam for sure . and here i thought paris hilton was gonna be jasons mom mike,
IbDaToNeGuY Saturday 4/26/2008 at 01:50 AM | 9857
and here i thought paris hilton was gonna be jasons mom

I would only accept this if she was beheaded in the first scene of the movie LOL
DaShape Saturday 4/26/2008 at 03:43 AM | 9858
Well, we know a few things as of now

- it's going to be rated "R" and balls to the walls gore.

-We know Jason's look will not change much (from parts 3-4). This is a Non-zombie Jason. -It will be at Camp Crystal lake. -This movie is going to kind of be a remake of Parts 1-4 all slammed together.

The Cast so far includes:

Geez, I wonder who's going to be playing who LOL. THEY'RE ALL DOOMED
DaShape Saturday 4/26/2008 at 03:04 AM | 9863
Oh no...it's fake? I got really excited at the thought of a new movie coming out...THE MASK IS A FAKE THEY ARE SAYING BUT FRIDAY THE 13TH IS BEING REMADE AND WILL BE OUT FEBRUARY OF 2009. SO STAY EXCITEDThank god...lol Okay I'm excited again....but yes I also vote for the clasc look :)
kweandee Saturday 4/26/2008 at 04:05 AM | 9874
I figured nce we were revealing things I would show Jason's face for the new movie also

I mean what were they thinking with Jason X? Honestly?

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 4/26/2008 at 05:39 AM | 9879
That's ck looking....LOL

kweandee Saturday 4/26/2008 at 05:42 AM | 9880
That's ck looking....LOLYeah ck alright, That's the point in a franchises life when it is obvious they have ran out of ideas. I think they all sat around and said "Hey, lets see if we can make Jason look like a complete dumba$$ and see if it actually makes it on film" Well they did, but thank goodness it was only for a nano second
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 4/26/2008 at 05:55 AM | 9881
LOL...
kweandee Saturday 4/26/2008 at 06:10 AM | 9882
and here i thought paris hilton was gonna be jasons mom

I would only accept this if she was beheaded in the first scene of the movie LOL theres a joke to be made there im just not going to be the one who says it

Johnny Bisco Saturday 4/26/2008 at 11:29 AM | 9886
In the midst of all my excitement for this movie, I somehow overlooked the fact that MTV FILMS was one of the production companies set to develop this film...

I really don't want that. I really really don't want that. It seems like that will only add to the likelihood of this film being a teeny-bopper preppyfest which, I HATE with a pason!!!! Lets hope they don't screw this up.

Myers31TKD Saturday 4/26/2008 at 12:21 PM | 9890
In the midst of all my excitement for this movie, I somehow overlooked the fact that MTV FILMS was one of the production companies set to develop this film...

I really don't want that. I really really don't want that. It seems like that will only add to the likelihood of this film being a teeny-bopper preppyfest which, I HATE with a pason!!!! Lets hope they don't screw this up.

Hmmmm MTV . ..

you are right Patrick but here is the ONLY one (and I mean only one) reason why this might still turn out ok.

One of my most favorite Movies of all time was produced by MTV films.

There is hope LOL
DaShape Tuesday 4/29/2008 at 06:59 AM | 10220
Yea...lol MTV doing it is alittle discouraging but I'm still hopeful....
kweandee Tuesday 4/29/2008 at 04:22 PM | 10228

This is a done deal, I LOVE the new look, LMAO!!!!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 5/02/2008 at 10:09 PM | 10555
ts for $15-$20 but passed . . .now I regret it because I can't find them cheaper than $30.
DaShape Friday 5/02/2008 at 10:12 PM | 10557
Yeah it is actually a cool figure just a weird Japanese take on ol Jason

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 5/02/2008 at 10:15 PM | 10558
Yeah it is actually a cool figure just a weird Japanese take on ol JasonI like the Freddy and Leatherface ones also
DaShape Friday 5/02/2008 at 11:02 PM | 10565
That's creepy...kinda looks like he has eyelashes...lol
kweandee Friday 5/02/2008 at 11:58 PM | 10578
Well, we know a few things as of now

- it's going to be rated "R" and balls to the walls gore.

-We know Jason's look will not change much (from parts 3-4). This is a Non-zombie Jason. -It will be at Camp Crystal lake. -This movie is going to kind of be a remake of Parts 1-4 all slammed together.

The Cast so far includes:

Geez, I wonder who's going to be playing who LOL. THEY'RE ALL DOOMED

CASTING UPDATE!!!!

Julianna Guill has been added to the Cast.

DaShape Friday 5/09/2008 at 01:22 AM | 11020
CASTING UPDATE!!!!

Julianna Guill has been added to the Cast.

" alt=";)" title="Wink" />
Myers31TKD Friday 5/09/2008 at 01:36 AM | 11025
You guys are aware of the fact, that NLC has been rolled into WB? When that happened, Bob Shaye was released. This doesn't look good for either the TCM, NOES, or F13's franchises. I know they were in the early stages of putting together a NOES prequel, but with no RE. FvsJ 2 was also being discussed. Even if WB does continue the franchises, rest a sure they will be watered down of what we have all come to expect from these movies. I wouldn't be surprised if one of these movies were released with a P-13 rating.

Keep your fingers crossed.

SithLord Friday 5/09/2008 at 01:56 AM | 11028
I wouldn't be surprised if one of these movies were released with a P-13 rating.

Keep your fingers crossed.I would go apeshit man. Seriously.

Do it right, or else leave it alone.
Myers31TKD Friday 5/09/2008 at 02:00 AM | 11029
You guys are aware of the fact, that NLC has been rolled into WB? When that happened, Bob Shaye was released. This doesn't look good for either the TCM, NOES, or F13's franchises. I know they were in the early stages of putting together a NOES prequel, but with no RE. FvsJ 2 was also being discussed. Even if WB does continue the franchises, rest a sure they will be watered down of what we have all come to expect from these movies. I wouldn't be surprised if one of these movies were released with a P-13 rating.

Keep your fingers crossed.Yep, and NLC had some freak'n great films.

Luckily Friday the 13th is going to be hardcore "R" but that doesn't t well for future projects.

A moment of lence for these great films released by NLC:

Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle (2004) A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987) Blade (1998) d and Nancy (1986) Hairspray (1988) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) Gummo (1997) Wes Craven’s New Nightmare (1994) The New World (2005) Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997) Dark City (1998) The Sea Inde (2004) The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002) A History of Violence (2005) American Splendor (2003) The Evil Dead (1981) The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) Dumb and Dumber (1994) Seven (1995) The Player (1992) Boogie Nights (1997) A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) Magnolia (1999) The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
DaShape Friday 5/09/2008 at 02:06 AM | 11032

Keep your fingers crossed.Yep, and NLC had some freak'n great films.

Luckily Friday the 13th is going to be hardcore "R" but that doesn't t well for future projects.

A moment of lence for these great films released by NLC:

Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle (2004) A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987) Blade (1998) d and Nancy (1986) Hairspray (1988) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) Gummo (1997) Wes Craven’s New Nightmare (1994) The New World (2005) Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997) Dark City (1998) The Sea Inde (2004) The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002) A History of Violence (2005) American Splendor (2003) The Evil Dead (1981) The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) Dumb and Dumber (1994) Seven (1995) The Player (1992) Boogie Nights (1997) A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) Magnolia (1999) The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u81jb14f_rc&feature=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u81jb14f ... re=related

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles man!!!

Myers31TKD Friday 5/09/2008 at 02:10 AM | 11034

href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u81jb14f_rc&feature=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u81jb14f ... re=related

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles man!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA, I was completely not expecting something like that up so soon!!!!

Freak'n Hilarious Patrick LOL. I really did take off my hat for that (honestly, I really did LOL).
DaShape Friday 5/09/2008 at 02:12 AM | 11035
a blog from Brad Fuller on Platinum Dunes webte:

On Wednesday, I will begin x weeks with Jason Voorhees. Already two weeks into production, I can assure you of a couple of things. The cast is awesome and most are hardcore fans of the original series - and as such are committed to making the best Friday the 13th yet. If there were no blood at all in the movie (there is tons) it would get a hard R-rating just for nudity and sexual tuations alone. And finally, and most importantly Jason Voorhees is a bloodthirsty maniac with a knack for killing in new and original ways that will satisfy even the most hardcore gore hound.

Blood, nudity, bloodthirsty, sexual, hardcore gore, maniac, R-rating . . . . sounds good so far!

DaShape Sunday 5/11/2008 at 08:00 PM | 11368
I hope so...

Hope it doesn't end up like Jason X....lol that was bad. Well at least I thought so.
kweandee Sunday 5/11/2008 at 08:07 PM | 11369
a blog from Brad Fuller on Platinum Dunes webte:

On Wednesday, I will begin x weeks with Jason Voorhees. Already two weeks into production, I can assure you of a couple of things. The cast is awesome and most are hardcore fans of the original series - and as such are committed to making the best Friday the 13th yet. If there were no blood at all in the movie (there is tons) it would get a hard R-rating just for nudity and sexual tuations alone. And finally, and most importantly Jason Voorhees is a bloodthirsty maniac with a knack for killing in new and original ways that will satisfy even the most hardcore gore hound.

Blood, nudity, bloodthirsty, sexual, hardcore gore, maniac, R-rating . . . . sounds good so far!

Best horror news I've heard in a while!! Now all it needs is confirmation of a good looking Jason. I hope the wait for production photos isn't too long.

Myers31TKD Wednesday 5/14/2008 at 12:00 AM | 11470
Got our first pic from the Set of Friday the 13th!!!!

Greetings from Crystal Lake; I have been waiting two years to say that!

Bay, Form and I decided long ago that the opportunity to remake FRIDAY THE 13TH was only worthwhile if we could do it right. Along the way to this balmy night outde Austin, Texas there is a wide swath of discarded scripts, fired actors, and wardrobe pictures that would have been the subject of endless berating amongst the online community. But through it all we remained focused on the path to attempt to produce a great horror film, worthy of its lineage. And tonight, my fourth on set, but the first that brought me face to face with Mr. Voorhees in all his glory - I can tell you without hetation that every minute of frustration, pain and misery was worth it - really worth it, because tonight Jason Vorhees scared the shit out of me. No, he didn't threaten me with that huge machete; all he did was look into the camera and every hair on my body stood up. Derek Mears captures the best of the all the Jason's and injects the character with his own element of tangible menace.

In this movie you will see a feral, brutal Jason who is hell-bent on killing in astonishing ways. And tonight our director, Marcus Nispel, constructed a shot of Jason as he is about to strike that is when I got scared. The shot is iconic in its construction. It�s our Batman or Spider-man shot and when you see the movie you will know exactly what I am talking about. It is the ngle shot that tells you everything you need to know about Jason.

I so badly want to post that image right here and now, but if I did even Jason couldn�t protect me from the army of lawyers and execs who would want to kill me. But here is what I will do! I am working hard to get pictures from the set and my present to you is the first ever behind-the-scenes photo from FRIDAY THE 13TH! The image shows my partner, Andrew Form and me hanging on set in front of a Crystal Lake police car in between set ups. What you are seeing is the before veron of the car - the after veron has conderably more blood and broken glass. But, let�s start slow, get the suits used to me leaking stuff here on my blog and see how far we can take it. Sound good?
DaShape Wednesday 5/14/2008 at 05:54 PM | 11498
But, let�s start slow, get the suits used to me leaking stuff here on my blog and see how far we can take it. Sound good?

Sounds great!!

Oh happy day. The only bad thing about this little taste is it makes you hungry for more. I can't wait though. Thanks for the update Joel.
Myers31TKD Wednesday 5/14/2008 at 08:49 PM | 11505
More Casting News!!!

We now have the little Jason Voorhees played by Caleb Guss.

Check him out.

Platinum Dunes reports this: The make-up is awesome, freaky and true to the original. Though he only worked a few days - the imagery adds a very disturbing depth to the character.
DaShape Thursday 5/15/2008 at 07:06 AM | 11544
http://www.horrorbid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=834&p=11544#p11544
DaShape Thursday 5/15/2008 at 07:07 AM | 11545
Wouldn't that just suck to be cast as jason with no makeup....I wonder if he can swim....?
quietonthesetstudios Thursday 5/15/2008 at 11:48 AM | 11549
Wouldn't that just suck to be cast as jason with no makeup....I wonder if he can swim....?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Myers31TKD Thursday 5/15/2008 at 04:12 PM | 11554
I say shave that kids head and forget to put on the floaties and he's ready to go!
DaShape Thursday 5/15/2008 at 04:53 PM | 11558
**FIRST SET REPORT**

The first night I was there I saw a bunch of filming, but Jason Voorhees was nowhere to be seen. It didn’t help that co-writers Mark Swift and Damian Shannon teased me about how freaking cool Jason will look in the hood.

“I’m f**king excited to see him in the hood again. I love the hood,” Swift tells me. “Oh and the hood in this movie, we just saw pictures of it, incredible! Incredible,” Shannon adds in. “It literally gave me chills, it looks phenomenal.”

Little did they know I’d later catch a glimpse of the bag/hood for his head in one of the FX trailers up at base camp, which gave me goosebumps. The anticipation was brutal, knowing that within the next day I was going to see the new Jason in action, kicking ass and taking names. Today (or last night depending on how you look at it) I finally had my opportunity. I hung out with Derek Mears (your new Jason) for a few hours. We chatted about all sorts of crap from FRIDAY to BLOODSPORT (random, right?), it was totally awesome. He had most of his costume assembled but I had yet to see the infamous mask. He did tell me about the moment he first saw himself in the mask, which was pretty cool.

“Before I even gned for the movie I went in and I was talking to Scott , he’s the make up degner, and he’s so f*cking amazing, his make up degns. We were moving forward, doing fittings and doing moldings though I still hadn’t gned yet and I didn’t want to jinx it and he goes, “Well, you know what, hey c’mere..” And he lifts up this case filled with Styrofoam, it’s like a high security case, he unlocks it and he goes, “You should prolly try this on.” And I started laughing and in my head I get this kind of Excalibur moment, like where the light shines down for the chosen one. Everyone working in the shop, in the make up department, is a fan of the series so they added their extra tlc in. So everyone’s working and I have the mask and I start to put it on and I’m getting like tingles, like when you see the opening of Star Wars, where you see the letters start and you’re like, “OooOo tingles.” So I start to put the mask on and everybody just stops and stares at me and I put it on and I’m looking over at everybody and it’s really quiet and people just started shaking their heads like, “YEAH, YEAH Dude, COOL.” So yeah it was amazing. (laughs) It was amazing.”

After my chat, the night continued on and on... I was becoming even more restless. I WANT TO SEE JASON!

Finally they set up a shot in the backyard of this cabin and secured Mears up on a roof where he’d be doing a sequence. As the mask comes out of the top secret lver padlocked briefcase, someone starts to set up a fake tree branch right in my eye line. I move to my right, and then it happens again – and then again. It was insanely ironic and I couldn’t help but chuckle to myself. Eventually I found a good spot to view the filming and stationed myself behind the monitors that displayed what the cameras were shooting.

Nispel directs the scene in which the camera pulls up from a window revealing Jason on the roof, crouching down with his monster machete. Literally the SECOND the camera pulled up by Jason it hit me like a rock – this was going to be AWESOME. Typically on a set vit you can’t determine how good or bad a movie is going to be, it’s just damn near imposble, but there is something different about FRIDAY THE 13TH. What I saw on that monitor was like nothing I have ever seen in a FRIDAY film, and that was style. This was the sleekest and most believable looking shot I have ever seen in the franchise’s nearly 30-year history. This moment defined what we will be seeing in theaters and told me instantaneously that – even at worst case scenario – that Marcus Nispel will deliver nothing short of a stunning looking film.

But before you assume I’m jumping to an immediate concluon, let me explain that prior to seeing this shot I had interviewed the cast and crew. What I discovered will have you all nging praises. This FRIDAY comes complete with mass nudity, drug use, extreme violence, cusng like no tomorrow and most importantly it has creative deaths. From what I’m told this is the flipde to “torture porn” and will be a fun – and gory – trip back to Camp Crystal Lake. Keep your eyes posted here for excluve interviews and a full report from the set in the coming months.
DaShape Monday 5/26/2008 at 12:32 PM | 12084
Man I am excited.This movie sounds awesome.Mears is a lucky man,I mean..To get to play Jason....well to me that is a dream role. Finally get to see jason portrayed the way he deserves to be.
wickedbeard Tuesday 5/27/2008 at 09:07 AM | 12113
I know, I already reported this in our extremely long Friday the 13th remake thread that nobody reads because it has 30 pages to itBut I got this info from a completely different source so this is looking less and less like a rumor and more and more like it will happen!!!The IESB vited the set of Friday the 13th last week to see maniac killer Jason Voorhees in action after a long absence. According to the filmmakers, in this new film, we’ll see both Sack Jason and Hockey Mask Jason.Another reporter present commented that it would be Voorhees’ “Darth Vader Moment” of donning the mask - which sounds like a pretty good description. While is may be true that it was shot from behind as Fuller said, when we spoke with make up man Scott Stoddard later that night (actually early the next morning) he said the shot of Voorhees switching from sack to mask was actually shot two ways - one from the front with Mears in full Jason make-up and one from behind so to hide the face.

I think paying close attention in the movie where Jason dons the hock mask is really cool. It pays homage to the original progreson in the originals, but in a much shorter time period.

BRING ON THE BLOOD BATH I SAY!!!!
DaShape Tuesday 6/10/2008 at 03:07 PM | 12927
Sounds pretty ck! I like the idea of the Jason 1 original look, but I hope when he switches to a Hockey mask that it isnt the part 3 look. Jason doesn't appear as bad ass in part 3, but I still love the movie. Anyway, I think him Switching to a part 7 mask or another veron of the Original V.S mask would be sweet! Kool Scoop Joel!!! --Harry

Harry Warden Tuesday 6/10/2008 at 04:26 PM | 12930
I love this. Like you said Joel, it pays homage to the originals (Pt. 1 & Pt. 2 go hand in hand, in my opinion). I'm hoping that the entire film will be this way. Sticking to the bacs... the way they were made in the beginning. The way they were made best.

I'm also hoping that the "Darth Vader moment" will be shown from the back in theaters. Maybe the front view can be a special feature on the DVD or something, but I think ung that would be showing too much early on.

Was there ever a "two cents" smiley in here? Oh well.

Myers31TKD Tuesday 6/10/2008 at 04:39 PM | 12933
sack Jason RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 6/10/2008 at 11:15 PM | 12969
I'm also hoping that the "Darth Vader moment" will be shown from the back in theaters. Maybe the front view can be a special feature on the DVD or something, but I think ung that would be showing too much early on.

I couldn't agree more
lblambert Tuesday 6/10/2008 at 11:25 PM | 12971
I'M game to go and see this movie.
quietonthesetstudios Tuesday 6/10/2008 at 11:33 PM | 12974
and I must say I do not like it.

Crash Friday 6/13/2008 at 02:45 PM | 13244
are you serious?
Johnny Bisco Friday 6/13/2008 at 02:46 PM | 13245
Where did you find this?? Just wondering if the source is legit.
CartyParty Friday 6/13/2008 at 02:48 PM | 13246
Just looks super dirty to me.
quietonthesetstudios Friday 6/13/2008 at 02:54 PM | 13247
Yeah I would think if they were being sort of true to the story line from 2 to 3 that it would be a clean veron or at least no dirtier than Final Chapter.

This practically looks like a VS mask.

Not sure what's up with that thinking.
deathrisingup Friday 6/13/2008 at 03:08 PM | 13248
I kind of like it.

Maybe with the new film, they plan on having it be a darker film?

I hope its A LOT more then just tits and blood.

Give it a goddamn story for crying out loud.

LOL
Evildsm Friday 6/13/2008 at 03:14 PM | 13250
Well I trust Crash has crossed checked his sources on this and I have to agree with most of you. I LOVE the Part 3 mask and although I didn't want to see them mimic it completly I do not like the extreme dirtiness that this one has. Not sure how they explain him finding this mask but I hope we find out why it looks like it is 30 years old. :-(

One potive note though at least a hock is making it into the film, I still am excited to see this and learn more as the months go by.

Great post Crasher!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 6/13/2008 at 03:25 PM | 13252
Yeah, it's legit. I know it looks like something straight off of eBay though. Here's more screencaps I took.

Crash Friday 6/13/2008 at 03:31 PM | 13253
Crash I was really hoping this was a Friday the 13th prank but nce it isn't! This blows man I just am not happy with this degn at all, it looks just like the foam freaking Jason hock that they sell in novelty stores. Just really disappointed.

Doesn't it make you want to throw up a little in your mouth?

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 6/13/2008 at 04:10 PM | 13254
I heard he wears it a few times when he's a kid and then buries it. Next thing you know little Jason gets put in the nutt house. Finally after 17 years his mother's voice helps him escape. So he heads back to crystal lake to find his mask. But go'll damnit, he can't remember exactly what cabin he hid it in!(he's a little slow). Jason then decides to make his own hock out of a burlap sack(again, not the fartest smeller around ccs) Finally in the last 5 minutes of the movie he finds the hock.... Which by now apparently looks like a petrified bone from the jurasc period....

Oh, sorry about the spoilers...
CartyParty Friday 6/13/2008 at 04:15 PM | 13255
I heard he wears it a few times when he's a kid and then buries it. Next thing you know little Jason gets put in the nutt house. Finally after 17 years his mother's voice helps him escape. So he heads back to crystal lake to find his mask. But go'll damnit, he can't remember exactly what cabin he hid it in!(he's a little slow). Jason then decides to make his own hock out of a burlap sack(again, not the fartest smeller around ccs) Finally in the last 5 minutes of the movie he finds the hock.... Which by now apparently looks like a petrified bone from the jurasc period....

Oh, sorry about the spoilers... is rob zombie directing this by chance casey? bwahahahahahahaha
Johnny Bisco Friday 6/13/2008 at 04:19 PM | 13256
Wow, what a great Friday the 13th wake up call to receive.If the Producers/Writers/Director/FX were saying that they were “thinking of the diehard Friday the 13th fan” like I kept hearing then they obviously missed the boat with making the mask worn/weathered looking.

They better have a good reason for it looking like it does.

I’m indifferent to how the masks looks shape wise…I see clasc ‘Friday’ mixed in with a ‘don’t compare me all the way with what you’ve seen before.’I’m really not fond of re-makes and I didn’t like the re-make of ‘Texas Chainsaw.’

That movie was made for an entirely different generation of fans and I really hope after the first effort he gave to re-making movies he gets it right with the ‘Friday the 13th’ re-make.

Here’s to hoping 2nd times a charm.
kirk magnum Friday 6/13/2008 at 05:18 PM | 13260

Oh, sorry about the spoilers... is rob zombie directing this by chance casey? bwahahahahahahaha

Holy shit Bisco, Took the words streight from my mouth! I was just about to reply the same when I clicked on page 2 and seen you already did. haha... Yes in deed it does remind my of RZ's Halloween...

--Harry(They're gonna fuck this moive up...) - I sopose they can't get any worse than putting him in outer space... "again"...
Harry Warden Friday 6/13/2008 at 05:30 PM | 13262
If this is accurate (and given that Crash is the source I believe it likely is), in all fairness if they want Jason to use the same style of hockey mask it would have to be old. Goalies haven't worn the one piece fibreglass masks nce the early to mid 80s when they switched to the helmet/cage combos. When Friday Part 3 was made it was believable to have clean hocks of this style still kicking around but these days (with the exception of Jason props and costumes) you'd never find a clean one of these for sale outde an antique shop or sports memorabilia dealer. It just makes sense if Jason was to find one laying around it would be old and weathered.

Just my .02
lblambert Friday 6/13/2008 at 05:55 PM | 13265
I would have to agree with you on that.

Although, i dont think the creators of the new f13 are smart enough to think of that.

I would totally expect Freddy in the new remake to NOT wear a red and green sweater.

I mean seriously, who would take a killer seriously with a xmas sweater on?
Evildsm Friday 6/13/2008 at 06:16 PM | 13268
I don't know how the freak'n crap I missed this thread this morning

. . .must have been out of it.

I'm going to say I'm pretty sure this is legit.

First off, Crash is the man and I'm sure his sources are good.

Second, I've been following Bloody-Disguisting on this movie for months and they've yet to reveal pictures (lucky us) but they did mention is was kept in a padded case and was only taken out to use during shooting then locked back up.

As far as the look . .. not horrible but I was

. . I don't know, expecting something a bit more GRAND I think.
DaShape Friday 6/13/2008 at 07:27 PM | 13269
heres a link with a vid
href="http://iconsoffright.com/news/2008/06/its_friday_the_13th_jasons_mas.html">http://iconsoffright.com/news/2008/06/i ... s_mas.html
Johnny Bisco Friday 6/13/2008 at 07:36 PM | 13271
Crash Friday 6/13/2008 at 08:41 PM | 13276
If this is accurate (and given that Crash is the source I believe it likely is), in all fairness if they want Jason to use the same style of hockey mask it would have to be old. Goalies haven't worn the one piece fibreglass masks nce the early to mid 80s when they switched to the helmet/cage combos. When Friday Part 3 was made it was believable to have clean hocks of this style still kicking around but these days (with the exception of Jason props and costumes) you'd never find a clean one of these for sale outde an antique shop or sports memorabilia dealer. It just makes sense if Jason was to find one laying around it would be old and weathered.

Just my .02

This does make sense, good point Lee . . . glad to have you around.
DaShape Friday 6/13/2008 at 10:44 PM | 13286
I hate to be the black sheep here, but I think it looks great. It is bacally what I expected (with a lot more weathering), and I get a clasc vibe from it. I might be alone on this, but yeah... I like it.

Myers31TKD Friday 6/13/2008 at 11:33 PM | 13290
my beef with it is it looks too weathered (though lee makes sense here) but also its too much of a carbon copy of the original as well

its a remake.........why paint it the same? if i want to see that mask ill pop in one of my dvds of the originals!
Johnny Bisco Saturday 6/14/2008 at 02:32 AM | 13303
OK Im a big F13 fan and love Jason but I dont see a big deal here. Its the same mask Ive seen a bunch before. Although I dont know what anyone could expect it IS a hockey mask and if they are sticking with them then its not going to look much different.OK so now its dirty?

Same red degns...Im not impressed. Why not just get one out of storage someplace then? I could make one for the next movie at half the price of whomever got paid for these degns...call me. Not to harp on remakes as im sure everyone always does but why bother? I dont see anything wrong with the original that it needs a redoing why not just make a good sequel?
squall3369 Saturday 6/14/2008 at 11:24 AM | 13324
I actually dig the mask... so I guess I fall into that 5% category... lol.

I don't care about it being clean at this point, just glad they stayed true somewhat to the original degn and didn't go overboard.I'm sure the film will let us all down, but you never know... I think we'll all be seeing it regardless.

RZ's HalloweeN will never go in my DVD player... ever!
WarLocK Saturday 6/14/2008 at 12:07 PM | 13326
The thing that I keep thinking is that we could have gotten something much worse. I feel lucky to have gotten bacally, exactly what I was hoping for. I did not want a new look, just a new movie. I'm pleased, I like it, and that's all that matters.

Myers31TKD Saturday 6/14/2008 at 05:51 PM | 13346
The thing that I keep thinking is that we could have gotten something much worse. I feel lucky to have gotten bacally, exactly what I was hoping for. I did not want a new look, just a new movie. I'm pleased, I like it, and that's all that matters.

As you stated, I do feel lucky that they did stay baically to the original. It could have looked like a

Jason X hock from the begining of the film??? I don't really care to much for the over weathering, but it could have been ALOT worse! I'm sure it will grow on all of us as the years pass and we will look back an think nothing of it. PROVIDED the film doesnt suck monkey balls like JX did...

--Harry

Harry Warden Saturday 6/14/2008 at 06:40 PM | 13356
I think I'm going to paint one tomorrow
DWN Productions Sunday 6/15/2008 at 04:45 PM | 13458
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI-jIdpQonc
DaShape Tuesday 8/12/2008 at 07:05 AM | 16647
Ok, so these have been up before, then deleted . . then post back up yada, yada, yada.

DaShape Tuesday 8/12/2008 at 07:10 AM | 16648
*Please take a moment and register here on our forum to keep up to date on other horror news....

Behind the Scene photos of the new Friday the 13th movie courtesy of HorrorBid.com....

****UPDATED PICS****

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 9/28/2008 at 07:04 AM | 19720
Cool...I'm really looking forward to seeing this when it comes out
kweandee Sunday 9/28/2008 at 01:46 PM | 19725
Cool...I'm really looking forward to seeing this when it comes outSo am I actually. It's good to see Jason back where he belongs...in the woods. Not as a spirit bouncing from body to body, not on a cruise ship and NYC, not in Springwood, and most definitely not in space!
lblambert Sunday 9/28/2008 at 03:51 PM | 19727
Cool...I'm really looking forward to seeing this when it comes outSo am I actually. It's good to see Jason back where he belongs...in the woods. Not as a spirit bouncing from body to body, not on a cruise ship and NYC, not in Springwood, and most definitely not in space

Agreed!

Back to bacs, me likes

DaShape Sunday 9/28/2008 at 03:52 PM | 19728
and most definitely not in space

I hated that movie...lol

kweandee Sunday 9/28/2008 at 04:13 PM | 19729
with 407 views this seems to be a very popular topic

Thanks to everyone from MySpace that took time to check this out!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 9/28/2008 at 06:03 PM | 19740
I cant wait to see this movie and these photos get me even more pumped. were you guys on the set to take these?

pamelavoorheesRIP Sunday 9/28/2008 at 07:49 PM | 19746
still looks like kid rock to me
Johnny Bisco Sunday 9/28/2008 at 08:36 PM | 19751
very cool pics boo man! I am optimistic about this movie. Nothing can replace the origianl feeling I got the first time I saw Jason but this movie looks like it is going back to the roots of a psychopath in the woods. It looks like it is going to be a fun movie!

oldskool Sunday 9/28/2008 at 08:37 PM | 19752
still looks like kid rock to me

I too am still up in the air about this look but obviously this is a popular topic. We have set our forums most viewers online today and this topic has been viewed over 1,300 times. Many are interested in this movie and I for one can't wait to start the countdown come this February. Its great for the industry and it should be a fun time for all of us here as well....

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 9/28/2008 at 08:50 PM | 19758
Looks like the word is spreading fast . .. . even Lee gets mentioned.

read this: http://popcorngosp.org/?p=535
DaShape Sunday 9/28/2008 at 09:03 PM | 19761
We are now on Bloody-Disgusting http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/13765

You can also find us mentioned here as well

http://www.aullidos.com/leer_noticias.asp?id_noticia=5349 http://www.filmtotaal.nl/module.php?section=newsDetails&newD=12087
DaShape Sunday 9/28/2008 at 09:17 PM | 19763
man these shots are amazing! Guys you are the top story on the front page of Bloody-Disgusting.com and in their flash preview!

Very cool!
pamelavoorheesRIP Sunday 9/28/2008 at 09:40 PM | 19765
more tes just added, thanks to everyone that has picked up on this story.....

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=7897

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=49196

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/09/28/jason-voorhees-unmasked-in-platinum-dunes-friday-the-13th

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/artman2/publish/movie_news/Pics-of-Jason-Voorhees-unmasked-from-Friday-13th-appear-online-17280908.php

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/spoiler-alert-pictures-of-the-all-new-jason-voorhees-unmasked

http://www.geektyrant.com/2008/09/new-friday-the-13th-remake-pics

http://www.mania.com/new-set-photos-for-voorhees-friday_article_87484.html

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Set-Pics-Unmask-Friday-The-13th-s-New-Jason-10346.html

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/friday-the-13th-jason-voorhees-appears-unmasked.php

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0574428

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=13921

http://www.chud.com/articles/articles/16471/1/A-FACE-ONLY-A-HOMICIDAL-EVENTUALLY-DECAPITATED-MOTHER-COULD-LOVE/Page1.html

http://www.cinema-suicide.com/2008/09/29/maskless-jason-photos-from-the-set

http://geeksofdoom.com/2008/09/29/jason-voorhees-unmasked-in-new-friday-the-13th

http://digg.com/movies/Friday_the_13th_Jason_Voorhees_Appears_Unmasked

http://www.joblo.com/jason-unmasked

http://current.com/items/89350861_friday_the_13th_jason_voorhees_unmasked

http://blog.bitcomet.com/news/post_68277/http://film.blogdig.net/archives/articles/September2008/28/Jason_Voorhees_Unmasked_in_Platinum_Dunes__Friday_the_13th.html

http://liveforfilm.blogspot.com/2008/09/jasons-face-revealed.html

http://www.geektyrant.com/2008/09/new-friday-the-13th-remake-pics

http://www.propeller.com/story/2008/09/29/friday-the-13th-jason-voorhees-unmasked

http://www.originalsharpsays.com/2008/09/friday-13th-behind-scenes-photos.html

http://www.screeninglog.com/journal/2008/9/29/new-friday-the-13th-set-pics-surface.html

http://www.red-carpet.org/2008/09/29/jason-voorhees-behind-the-scenes-pictures

http://www.moviedownlow.com/?p=1252

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00018675.html

http://www.realestniggas.com/board/showthread.php?p=17559769

http://cinescapeforo-blog.blogspot.com/2008/09/el-nuevo-jason.html

http://fdb.pl/w5621,Jason,Vorhees,bez,maski,.html
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 9/28/2008 at 10:08 PM | 19766
you have gotten me excited to see this movie that is for sure. I can't tell if that is just a hood or not, is this supposed to be what he looks like without the mask?

originfan Sunday 9/28/2008 at 11:03 PM | 19770
you have gotten me excited to see this movie that is for sure. I can't tell if that is just a hood or not, is this supposed to be what he looks like without the mask?no and there are some people that think this is what he will look like if they do a reveal. This is NOT what Jason's face will look like if they do indeed show it in the film. This is a "hood" with a giant hole cut out so Derek Mears can breath properly through difficult chase scenes. There is a prosthetic around the eye but that is there for when the mask is on, it gives Jason that lazy eyed look. What your seeing is Derek Mears face when the hockey mask is off and they are not shooting. Not what it will look like on screen if they show him without the hock.

Hope that explains that a bit better because many are calling this a spoiler and I really don't see it that way....

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 9/28/2008 at 11:25 PM | 19776
I'm really looking forward to this.

Nice detective work Justin!
Snoballz Sunday 9/28/2008 at 11:49 PM | 19779
NICE pics... Thank you kind rs... I was looking for decent reference shots to make a figure of the new Jason, so this will help a lot.

I might have to guess on the face a bit, and maybe update later once I see it.Really cool shots too, I am sooo looking forward to this movie.

DarkArtist81 Monday 9/29/2008 at 03:25 AM | 19795
thanks guys, Dark Artist I can't wait to see a figure of the new Jason! Here are a few more behind the scene pics....

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 9/29/2008 at 05:31 AM | 19800
Awesome pics!

This is the one movie that I think a remake will benefit the series.

Looks like they are taking it back to bacs and hopefully making it dark and creepy.

Make it actually scary and not just titties, blood and 80's bush!
Evildsm Monday 9/29/2008 at 06:28 AM | 19802
this Jason looks badass. I hope they make him this insane animal type that just stalks everything he sees.

thedarkside Monday 9/29/2008 at 05:26 PM | 19811
behind the scene photos are always cool to see. I know that isn't what his face will look like during the movie but do you guys think we will see his face in this one? I personally don't think they should.
frozensoul Monday 9/29/2008 at 05:39 PM | 19812
behind the scene photos are always cool to see. I know that isn't what his face will look like during the movie but do you guys think we will see his face in this one? I personally don't think they should.

I think they will.

Most or if not all of the other f13th movies he revealed his face.
Evildsm Monday 9/29/2008 at 06:28 PM | 19814
I for one think the should show his face. That is one of my favorite parts of the series, the reveal. I wonder just how much back story we are going to get here.
customcritters Monday 9/29/2008 at 07:25 PM | 19815
wow, over 3,000 people are on the forum right now.

Monday Night Mayhem has really caught on!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 9/29/2008 at 11:31 PM | 19823
great pics! I am still up in there air about all these remakes but I guess this could work. It was definitly time to rethink things after the whole jason in space bs.
chattertooth Tuesday 9/30/2008 at 02:42 AM | 19825
very cool photos! Personally I like the look and I meet the guy that is playing him, he is a really cool guy!
BIGKen Tuesday 9/30/2008 at 05:40 AM | 19828
I was on another forum and they were talking about these pictures. There are a lot of mixed feelings about this look but I for one like it. He is a bit top heavy looking but I think that will make for a quicker acting jason. I think this is going to be a fun movie to watch.
joelsparks Tuesday 9/30/2008 at 05:44 AM | 19829
I was on another forum and they were talking about these pictures. There are a lot of mixed feelings about this look but I for one like it. He is a bit top heavy looking but I think that will make for a quicker acting jason. I think this is going to be a fun movie to watch.

Agreed, I also really am liking this look.

I think a quicker Jason will make it much more real when you think about it.

Honestly, when you think it could happen in real life it becomes much more scary (to me anyways).
DaShape Tuesday 9/30/2008 at 04:03 PM | 19852
i think this movie is gunna be a good one, i just have a hunch... to me Jason in these pics looks like the toxic avenger

dxh8r4life Tuesday 9/30/2008 at 05:35 PM | 19857
to me Jason in these pics looks like the toxic avengerI just don't see it
DaShape Tuesday 9/30/2008 at 05:51 PM | 19860
to me Jason in these pics looks like the toxic avengerI just don't see it

joelsparks Tuesday 9/30/2008 at 05:55 PM | 19862
I don't know how I feel about Jason looking exactly like he did in "The Final Chapter".

I know this is a remake, so I thought something new would be thrown in.
UltimateToronto.com Tuesday 9/30/2008 at 06:44 PM | 19866
HORRORBID UNMASKS JASON VOORHEES

****UPDATED PICS****

DaShape Tuesday 9/30/2008 at 07:04 PM | 19867
ótimas fotos. tem mais?
jasonx Tuesday 9/30/2008 at 10:31 PM | 19877
ótimas fotos. tem mais?não pesaroso desejamos

Agradece para unir a tábua!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 10/01/2008 at 06:21 AM | 19922
Sorry to be a buster but i know a lot about the Friday the 13TH Movies. There is a big issue on this one that gets me a little worried. If this is suppose to be a remake of the first movie theres no posble way, because in the first movie the mother does the killing. Jason doesn't even exist yet, its just known for a revengful mother. Its not til the second movie that jason is shown as the nex character.
MMyers90 Wednesday 10/01/2008 at 11:08 PM | 19953
Sorry to be a buster but i know a lot about the Friday the 13TH Movies. There is a big issue on this one that gets me a little worried. If this is suppose to be a remake of the first movie theres no posble way, because in the first movie the mother does the killing. Jason doesn't even exist yet, its just known for a revengful mother. Its not til the second movie that jason is shown as the nex character.

This isn't a remake per say . .. more of a remake of parts 1-4.

Jason Mother is in this (she's played by Anna Vitor (how to spell?))

Check out this link . .. it's an 18 page thread we've got going on with all kinds of info about this movie http://horrorbid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=834
DaShape Wednesday 10/01/2008 at 11:31 PM | 19957
And here's the bootlegged Comic Con Teaser trailer for Friday the 13th remake incase you've not seen it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cal4l1acBM
DaShape Wednesday 10/01/2008 at 11:37 PM | 19960
It seems to be the best 13F movie ever. Unfortunately for us, here in Bral, it'll take some weeks till we can see on the cinemas... Oh crap!
LÜCKMANN Thursday 10/02/2008 at 03:12 PM | 19990

Agradece para unir a tábua!OH CRAP! Like the brazilian representating here I have to say: your portuguese it's worst than my english, no doubt... You said something like

" not pittyfull we dere Thanks to join the wood!"

What u want to say, dude? lol

E você que perguntou das fotos? É braleiro também??
LÜCKMANN Thursday 10/02/2008 at 06:50 PM | 19999
I readed in some article that this time mr. Vorhees won´t "walk" to get his victims, as he did on the past movies... The chick almost die runnin' on the forest, at night (better than a maratonist), and when she was at 2 miles away from the house, boat or any place she could escape, she stops to take a breath and..... GET AN AXE ON THE MIDDLE OF THE HEAD... How Jason does that??? I think is the only think that needed to be fixed on this movie... But I think it was done, for the fans!
LÜCKMANN Thursday 10/02/2008 at 06:55 PM | 20000

Agradece para unir a tábua!OH CRAP! Like the brazilian representating here I have to say: your portuguese it's worst than my english, no doubt... You said something like

E você que perguntou das fotos? É braleiro também??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH! Yeah my portuguese is a bit rusty!!!! Welcome to the forum man, it is so good to have you!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 10/02/2008 at 08:41 PM | 20004
Like the brazilian representating here I have to say: your portuguese it's worst than my english, no doubt... You said something like

I think that's what Justin meant to say. It's part of his usual welcome "not pitiful we dere thanks to join the wood" speech.

Dude I haven't laughed this hard in a long time!
lblambert Friday 10/03/2008 at 01:17 AM | 20014
Like the brazilian representating here I have to say: your portuguese it's worst than my english, no doubt... You said something like

I think that's what Justin meant to say. It's part of his usual welcome "not pitiful we dere thanks to join the wood" speech.

Dude I haven't laughed this hard in a long time

LMAO!!!!! It is comedy no matter what language you speak! Eu estou tentando sempre ser engraçado!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 10/03/2008 at 05:08 AM | 20033
Yeah, of course buddy. And I was talking to a friend of mine, here in my job, 'cos he was in USA last year, and he said: "Dude, I think he try to do the welcome to you ung a Portuguese (from Portugal) dictionary, or maybe he was just drunk, seeing little fireflys around his head..." I laughed a lot, and now, I'm laughing more yet... Thanks to understand my english!

Wanna aks something for everybody: someone knows the Coffin Joe, horror moive producer frm Bral? He's called here as Zé do Caixão...

Thanks everybody!

p.s.: I'm proud I could join the wood, ok? hihihihi
LÜCKMANN Friday 10/03/2008 at 10:32 AM | 20035
Here's are a few more pics I picked up from Bloody-Disgusting.

Nothing too exciting.

DaShape Friday 10/03/2008 at 06:43 PM | 20058
Yeah, of course buddy. And I was talking to a friend of mine, here in my job, 'cos he was in USA last year, and he said: "Dude, I think he try to do the welcome to you ung a Portuguese (from Portugal) dictionary, or maybe he was just drunk, seeing little fireflys around his head..." I laughed a lot, and now, I'm laughing more yet... Thanks to understand my english!

Wanna aks something for everybody: someone knows the Coffin Joe, horror moive producer frm Bral? He's called here as Zé do Caixão...

Thanks everybody!

p.s.: I'm proud I could join the wood, ok? hihihihi

you're going to fit in perfectly around here! Your hilarious! And no I was drunk when I wrote that! weclome again and it will be great seeing you around. Justin
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 10/07/2008 at 12:57 AM | 20059
i cant wait for this movie. i think its going to be great.
timbs2007 Thursday 10/16/2008 at 06:28 AM | 20765

you and me both brother! I am excited for this one!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 10/21/2008 at 03:38 AM | 21138

you and me both brother! I am excited for this one!Both of you and all the human race, I thought... I'll need to travel to USA to see this one!
LÜCKMANN Tuesday 10/28/2008 at 08:09 PM | 21167
Well sort of new footage.

Friday the 13th footage premiered during Spike TV’s SCREAM 2008 Award broadcast. The footage seen is bacally the same from comic con only MUCH more clear and a little longer. The sequence at the end with the mask, title card, and then a few split seconds of Jason charging at the woman with a machete are definitely the money shots. I’ve heard that a teaser trailer might be attached to SAW V this Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y684lOpNkiw
DaShape Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 12:39 PM | 21234
Definately looking forward to seeing it

;)
kweandee Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 11:22 PM | 21307
This is the first actual footage that I have seen so far and this looks GREAT!!!

Jason kinds looked like the huntchback the way he was running, but it was creepy as hell! Definatly can't wait for this one!!! Thanks for Posting! --Ryan

Harry Warden Thursday 10/23/2008 at 02:18 AM | 21313
I get a chill down my spine every time I see that footage of the running slash.

Finally, a remake that I'm actually looking forward to.
gummi Thursday 10/23/2008 at 06:36 AM | 21339
I will have to say, this is really starting to look like they made the movie the right way.
Evildsm Thursday 10/23/2008 at 02:43 PM | 21366
Over at Bloody-Disgusting.com..

SithLord Thursday 10/23/2008 at 08:27 PM | 21381
Love the bit right at the end.
Sourfacedbastard Thursday 10/23/2008 at 09:23 PM | 21385
DID U SAW JASON RUNNIN'??? HAHAHAHAHAHA Man, I'm like a kid waiting for Santa at xmas! I can't wait this movie goes to the theater in Bral, I'll have to see it faster! Maybe I used all my vacations money to go to USA just to see it... And you heard the "die die die die...... kill kill kill kill.....?

WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

LÜCKMANN Friday 10/24/2008 at 09:32 AM | 21431
Yeah, it looks really great to me... I love that final shot... Gives me hope this movie will be as good as I want it to be.

DarkArtist81 Saturday 10/25/2008 at 04:47 AM | 21499
Jason hasn't ran nce part 4 . . . about time
DaShape Sunday 10/26/2008 at 07:44 PM | 21564
Jason hasn't ran nce part 4 . . . about time

He's been working hard to get his body back.

Evildsm Sunday 10/26/2008 at 08:55 PM | 21566
Bloody-Disgusting has a HUGE on set report.

I know it's rather long but it's WELL WORTH THE READ.CAUTION: SLIGHT SPOILERS

PART 1

"Jason, move a little faster!" Director Marcus Nispel yells to a rooftop where Derek Mears – the new Jason Voorhees - crouches down preparing to pounce on an unsuspecting victim. It's 6 in the morning on May 9 and the sun is on the rise after a nearly twelve-hour shoot on the set of Platinum Dunes' FRIDAY THE 13TH, which is currently lenng in Austin, Texas.

The cast and crew have flipped their lives around by working at night, and sleeping during the day. Tomorrow will wrap two weeks of night shoots, where filming begins around 8 PM and continues until sunrise. It's grueling work, but at least nobody has to work in the beams of the hot Texas sun. Over the past few nights, producers Brad Fuller and Andrew Form have set up camp (no pun intended) at a cabin-house in the middle of the woods. The owner of the house had built his own lake in the backyard, which will become one of the various locations of the infamous Crystal Lake. The hills behind the lake are draped with trees and run all the way to the edge of the lake that, with Nispel's steady eye, will look infinitely long. To the right of the house is a path that runs down to a little shed carrying all sorts of supplies, some of which may come of use to either the teens - or the menacing stalker we all know as Jason.

FRIDAY THE 13TH follows the story of Jason Voorhees, a killer who lives in the woods after nearly drowning and watching his mother die at the hands of camp counselors at Camp Crystal Lake back in the '80s. When disturbed, this deformed madman (rocking a bag on his head and eventually a creepy hockey mask) takes out anyone in his path with his patent machete.

The franchise was born back in the early '80s when Sean Cunningham directed the independent film of the same name. As most horror fans know, the first film in the series featured Pamela Voorhees, as the killer, seeking revenge for the negligence of the camp counselors that lead to the drowning of her son, Jason. The sequel found Jason Voorhees wearing a bag on his head and continuing the mayhem his mother began. Eventually when FRIDAY THE 13th Part 3-D hit theaters, Jason became the hockey masked legend that we all know and love, today.

This 2009 film marks the twelfth entry in the franchise, and contains a scene where a group of teens tell creepy campfire stories – one of which is about the masked killer. What "universe" does this modern "retelling" take place in?

"The question is almost unanswerable," co-writer Mark Swift explains to Bloody-Disgusting, "but I will tell you, in the first draft, it was a period piece. The movie took place in the '80s. That got changed, so now it is modern day. We can't stick to a particular timeline between two particular films, however, the spirit of this movie and the way I think that it is going to look and feel, feels like the first four

films."

"I would agree," His partner in crime Damien Shannon adds, "People say that if you could fit it in, it would be between either

II or III - between III and IV somewhere around there." The duo joked a bit about how it was actually more of a remake of the sequel than the original. "I think it was Brad or Drew that were talking about how it's the remake to the sequel that never happened," Swift explains referring to another potential FRIDAY sequel that could have ealy happened. "It's a revamp, a re-launch. Swift seconds the thought, comparing it to another huge reboot. "Exactly. From the day that we pitched Michael Bay's company, for us, it is what BATMAN BEGINS did. It was about starting it out fresh."

Platinum Dunes producer Brad Fuller goes a little deeper in explaining what world the new film takes place in. "We have the same antagonist, Jason Voorhees. But as you well know, Jason didn't kill anyone in the first film. We didn't want to have a film where Jason's mother was doing all the killing. We altered the story to reflect something in the middle of what the first film originally did and what we are doing here. In looking at all the films, we felt that we loved the first four films and really used that as the bas to what we are doing now."

The story pays homage to the original films, but what about Mr. Voorhees? Swift and Shannon explain that they developed Jason by thinking of how he would be in the real world, dropping all of those fantastic elements. "This isn't a guy shooting deer all day in the movie. This is realistic; he has to be out there, that is how he lives. He lives off of whatever he can hunt," Swift explains also adding that Jason might remind you of another '80s hero, Rambo! "There are elements of that in this movie and you will see, in fact, there is sort of a slight Rambo quality to this Jason. There would have to be nce he lives in the woods."

But is Jason Voorhees a villain or the anti-hero? He's more than that if you ask Swift. "No, to me he's my hero, he's not the anti-hero," he explains. "Jason, to some extent, has to have our sympathies. He's by definition, a sympathetic character. In FREDDY VS. JASON (also co-written by Swift and Shannon), Freddy

was the victimizer and Jason was the victim, that's not to say he's a pussy because he's an unstoppable killing machine. I really feel for the guy, I understand him. He is the anti-hero…"

Shannon adds a bit on why it's so important to empathize with Jason. "He's a victim…

he's the anti-hero, but let's face it, these movies have been around for so long and there is only one reason why people keep coming back to see it, it's for Jason. So we better empathize, on some level with this guy."

But what's Jason's take on his character? The new Jason Voorhees, Derek Mears, says the remake is pretty realistic. "It's pretty intense. I like it because we're getting back to bacs, where it's realistic. I love the series and how would change, and towards the end, it gets really campy and it kind of makes fun of itself - with the 're-launch' it's not that way, it's dead serious. And I'm really diggin' it." Mears continues, "To me, it's the closest to

Part II, where he's a normal guy, he's a big hurt kid. He's smart, which we haven't seen before even though he's wearing a mask, he has emotions behind that. My interpretation is a combination of Rambo, Tarzan, and Abominable Snowman from Looney Tunes, which is bacally Lennie from MICE AND MEN. The Rambo , what I'm thinking is that he's been pushed too far and wants to be left alone and he's been wronged by society. Now they are infringing on him and it's time for him to fight back. It's brutal and he has nowhere else to go and you're on his turf." We all know how animals act when they're defending their turf… watch out!

Part 2

The night before, the token "teens" had spent the entire night shooting a tough sequence inde the house, which is owned by the character Trent's (Travis Van Winkle) parents. Trent is a ladies man, looking to score with one of the girls he has wooed to the cabin.

"First of all, I bring them all

to my cabin, and I really like this girl, Jenna, I wanna f**k her and that's bacally why I bring her out here," Travis Wan Winkle jokes. "But I have to have some other guys and other girls here so it doesn't look like I'm trying to f**k her. So there's my motivation to bring them out here." Every horror film has a main character you just love to hate. " I feel like I'm not an asshole for no reason, I feel like I'm not an asshole at all. I just want people to respect my place, I'm a pretty firm guy and some people may think I'm a control freak but it's my f**king place, I invited you here." Travis also talks a bit about the drama that unfolds between the teens. "There's a lot of drama too, this guy Clay (Jared Padalecki) keeps coming to my house, I'm not being an asshole,

this f**king dude's in my house. So yeah, you could look at me as kind of the bad guy."

In the scene Clay (Jared Padalecki) had just seen a man walking through the woods with a body on his shoulder, and one of their friends is wounded outde screaming for help. The whole experience is pretty crazy for Padalecki, who enters a different world when shooting the film.

"Thanks to Daniel Pearl, our cinematographer, who has lit these woods and they are beautiful, and spooky with atmospheric smoke and you look over and there's f**king Jason, in a hockey mask and he's got his machete in his crazy get up," Padalecki continues, "You're just like, "WHAT?!" This is what you would have nightmares about. This is what you used to scare each other that this was going to hop out from behind the bushes, 15 years ago. It's really surreal and it's funny because I was standing with another one of the actors and we're like, 'Dude that's weird that's Jason, that's Jason! Right there, standing right there.' And he's big and it's real, real cool."

Danielle Panabaker talks a little more in detail about the plot and her character Jenna. "It's about a bunch of young adults out on a road trip and they hang out. Then they are at somebody's house in the woods - the guy whose family owns the house is a guy named Trent, he's my boyfriend. Van Winkle teased a little dram, so we asked if there was your typical love triangle going on. "There is! There's a lot of love going on here. There's a lot of love in this movie. Yes, there are love triangles, but I shouldn't tell you all of them," she teases.

One of the other unfortunate souls is Bree, played by Julianna McGill, who reveals a little bit of her own drama. "Bree comes on this trip and she knows that she wants to get with Trent and that's really all she cares about," oh no she didn't! "She wants to have fun, she's a girl in college and she gets what she wants - she's not afraid to get what she wants," McGill continues talking about her character's lack of emergency in the film. "She doesn't want anything to stand in her way so she does get what she wants and certainly doesn't see any of this coming. She is the last to really realize, this is serious. That is why she has such a huge panic attack because before that she's kinda like 'whatever, what are they talking about this is ridiculous, lemmie get back to what I was doing' but when it all hits home it's terrifying and she can't handle it." She adds that Jenna has had a lot more to deal with and finding out what's going on hits her character pretty hard. "Jenna has been dealing with it much longer, in the movie, and kind of comes to terms with it still really scared. But Bree it just hits like a ton of rocks and after that she can't handle it anymore and she can't take it. She can't be by herself and that leads to more deaths."

PART 3

One of the things that come with a FRIDAY the 13th film is not only crazy kills, but also an insane amount of nudity. Everyone involved ensured the fans get a heavy does of both in an attempt to keep the integrity of the franchise intact.

"Bedes being sort of true to the mythology, making Jason the greatest Jason that we posbly can. It's all about sex, drugs, violence," Shannon exclaims with a huge smile. " This is not the type of movie we're you got a couple of kids acting like Scooby-Doo to figure out some kind of a mystery. This is kids partying and Jason, more bad ass than ever, comes out and f**king does his thing. I think there still are a lot smart things we did underneath, but we tend to hide that. It just gotta flow and gotta happen fast."

Swift adds that there is an insane amount of nudity, maybe the most ever in a FRIDAY film. "We were just watching dailies and there's going to be, seriously, more nudity than any other Jason film ever," everyone's eye go wide, "It's literally crazy, and actually makes me - well, I was going to say uncomfortable - but I'm not uncomfortable… (laughs)"

Even though the film is said to be crazy bloody and violent, horror fans should know this isn't going to be filed under "torture porn". "I'm not a huge fan of like, 'torture porn' - I know that term isn't even in vogue anymore - but I miss horror movies from when I was a kid. I remember sneaking into

Part II and it was a lot of fun… scary and fun.

Continuing on this thought is Brad Fuller, who clarifies that this is much different than their remake of TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE. "In my mind, TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE is a really dreary, dreary movie and there is no fun to be had in that movie, the fun is from being scared. In a FRIDAY THE 13TH movie we want the audience to laugh and have fun but at the same time be scared. So in this movie, there's a ton of sex, there's a ton of nudity, and there's a lot of drugs, drinking, and hopefully the violence is balanced out by the kids being in funny tuations, saying or doing funny things." He continues, "If it works out that's the best case scenario - where you're laughing from the crazy things that are happening, and then when the actual scares happen, you're terrified."

After a few minutes of pure geek-out, Fuller talked more about the nudity and how important it is to the "DNA" of the film. "Listen. I think that for us, was very important to have nudity in this film. I feel like such a pervert in saying that, but the fact remains, these movies were putting beautiful women, topless or in short shorts at a time where that was very common. It's not common anymore, you just don't see sex in horror movies anymore. It's not as prevalent as it once was. When we were thinking about what this film had to be, yes, it has to be scary, yes, you have to have a group of fun kids but you also have to have nudity in a FRIDAY THE 13TH movie. It just is part of it, it's part of its DNA." He also jokes about how it's difficult to cast actresses for nude roles. "Frankly, it was one of the most challenging parts of the movie because hot, great actresses aren't eager to take off their clothes. Fortunately, we found some that were willing to do it." And fortunate for all of us…

Panabaker also thinks fans will enjoy the energy of the film, as opposed to the brutal qualities of films like SAW. "I think that audiences are really going to love seeing this movie. This is a movie that you enjoy going to," she continues, "I can't go and see the SAW movies because they are just so agonizing and torturous, and everything is always so down. This movie, for starters is hilarious. About every five pages people are going to just laugh out loud just because the characters are so great and authentic and relatable. It's incredibly humorous, I can't stress that enough."

Padalecki adds in his two-cents. "This is more fun than TEXAS CHAINSAW… a lot more fun. CHAINSAW was pretty uncomfortable from the get go. Here you get to meet the original group of characters and they're having a good time and their partying and it's not like immediately into dark and dreary and staying like that the whole time."

In the end, what was learned is that the entire team is trying to keep the integrity of the original films intact and that they all have a love for the franchise, and its characters. "We never wanted to any tarnish of the original mythology," Swift tells us. "We never wanted to reinvent Jason's back story. We don't want to change anything about his mother, we love all that stuff and we want to make sure that that stays intact."

Swift also explains that they loved the idea of going back to the original films because they were grounded in reality. "We want to see him by himself, back in the woods and being human again. Nothing supernatural." Shannon adds, "We knew this could be something gritty, this could be something lean and mean. Just make Jason down and dirty."

As the long night comes to a close you could hear Nispel screaming to the roof, "Hurry, hurry! The sun is coming!" As the sun rises over the hill and gnals a new day, the morning begins with the aroma of a "fresh start" for a franchise that has been the heart of horror for nearly 30 years.

FRIDAY THE 13TH arrives in theaters Friday, February 13, 2009
DaShape Saturday 11/01/2008 at 10:37 PM | 22161
More onset photos:

DaShape Saturday 11/01/2008 at 10:50 PM | 22163
Looks very proming looking forward to it.......
TekNik Wednesday 11/05/2008 at 10:47 PM | 22606

href="http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810022022/video">http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810022022/video
SithLord Friday 12/05/2008 at 12:30 AM | 26930
WHAO!!! Thanks for posting this Chris! And you beat Joel to it which makes me enjoy it ever more!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 12/05/2008 at 12:37 AM | 26936
thats a dope trailer yo!
joelsparks Friday 12/05/2008 at 01:03 AM | 26945
Yeah, I just saw it on BD. It looks proming. Here's hoping.
SithLord Friday 12/05/2008 at 01:20 AM | 26952
I will enjoy this when it comes out!
quietonthesetstudios Friday 12/05/2008 at 01:37 AM | 26954
I have to be honest here... I'm just not feeling it... Doesn't mean it wont be any good, but I'll no better after I watch it...

Thanks for Posting!!! --Ryan

Harry Warden Friday 12/05/2008 at 02:06 AM | 26958
I have to be honest here... I'm just not feeling it... Doesn't mean it wont be any good, but I'll no better after I watch it...

Thanks for Posting!!! --RyanI agree, it might be a good movie, but Im just not getting into it. Just by the trailer it looks nothin like a friday. It has too much of Texas chainsaw massacre remake feel to it. And I have never really been big into michael bay movies.
krueger4653 Friday 12/05/2008 at 02:40 AM | 26960
im trying to keep an open mind but you guys are right, something doesnt feel right.
originfan Friday 12/05/2008 at 02:57 AM | 26961
The same was said when the TCM remake was coming out to.

Give it a chance, guys.
SithLord Friday 12/05/2008 at 03:03 AM | 26962
A lot of the original jason movies were terrible.

I am sure this one will be what the series needs to make it great again.
Evildsm Friday 12/05/2008 at 03:37 AM | 26965
I'm optimistic...the trailer was cool

kweandee Friday 12/05/2008 at 05:14 AM | 26973
Just got home and had a chance to watch this. I have been vocal about not loving the whole Jason look and I am not sure I will after seeing the trailer. But, this trailer does get the old horror blood in me pumping. I mean you have to forget the other films, take away the (b) movie feel and take away the "zombie" Jason act, because this film is going to be at the otherr end of the spectrum. I am hoping and it appears by the trailer to me that they are going to go with a more gritty "real" type feel for this film.

Good or bad, this trailer had me very curious and hopeful that we will finally get our actual "scary" Jason back.

We have seen him walk the streets of New York and we have seen him shot off into space.But I am excited to finally get to see him as the guy he is supposed to be. The thing that you really REALLY don't want to run into when your going camping this summer. Something that makes you a little uneasy out in the middle of the woods.

I am very optimistic, time will tell.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 12/05/2008 at 05:44 AM | 26975
Man I hate going out of town for work!! I missed out on this great trailer.

I have to say, this feels EXACTLY like the old Fridays to me.

I can't wait
DaShape Friday 12/05/2008 at 06:07 AM | 26976

I'm digg'n it

DaShape Friday 12/05/2008 at 06:53 AM | 26990
From the posts I have read following mine, I do agree with it Feeling Just like another Texas Chainsaw Massacre film. That could be because they were made by the same guy. As far as a old feel to it... Well I can see how this could feel like the Clascs, However Booman, If it would be the same movie only a B made film, I would agree...

Because it is made on such high budgets, I feel it takes away alot of the Raw Homemade Realistic feel that made them Scary to begin with...

Just an opinion, but I am willing to give it a whirl... What the hell do I have to lose...

This is sad, but I am more excited for My Bloody Valentine than this... There is one thing with that film tho that dissapoints me. They renamed the town. They call it the town of Harmony when it was Originally Valentine Bluffs... VB sounded more Clasc...

What can I say... B movies are actually Scary!!! Don't spend that much money, and Get ritcher from your movies!!! Thats all I have to say to the movie people!!!

--Ryan

Harry Warden Friday 12/05/2008 at 08:03 AM | 26998
I bet this new F13 movie wins an oscar.
SithLord Friday 12/05/2008 at 08:38 AM | 26999
I'm usually pretty pesmistic about the remakes, but I have to admit I'm really looking forward to this one.

I know it's hard to tell from trailers, but from what I've seen so far, it looks like they did this one right.

I got chills from watching that trailer.

Now I just wish we didn't have to wait another two months.
gummi Friday 12/05/2008 at 10:16 AM | 27006
I feel exactly as Justin said: felt again that thing I used to feel when saw the TCM or ANOES trailers. A crazy wish to go to the theaters to see this. I'm a huge fan of F13th, specially Jason figure, and reading all Derek Mears interviews makes me feel hopefully again about it. Mears looks to be glad to do Jason, and he was his fan too, and put all his strenght and talent on it. The people are too engaged on this, and the fans were waiting for years (nce JGTH) that Jason story not be throwed on the garbage. The only thing that bothers me is the makeup effects on Jason head and neck. I'd like to see a normal Jason, as the beginning, not that alien. But I'm very excited with this, and bet Mike's ass on it!

LÜCKMANN Friday 12/05/2008 at 11:06 AM | 27011
WOW!

Each time I surprised myself...

But Jason is looking like a kind Leatherface, won't him?
LÜCKMANN Friday 12/05/2008 at 11:24 AM | 27013
Cool!! Thanks for sharing
kaizu Friday 12/05/2008 at 01:04 PM | 27014
Here is the newest trailer, and well.....I have no words.I am so freaking excited to see this!!!!All the elements that I love are there.And Derek is just plain badass!!!! Looks like they have a female veron of Crazy Ralph.lol If this does not excite you, I feel that you may be dead.
href="http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810022022/video">http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810022022/video
wickedbeard Friday 12/05/2008 at 01:21 PM | 27017
Can't wait for this! Thanks for posting
kaizu Friday 12/05/2008 at 01:49 PM | 27018
I like it... :)
kweandee Friday 12/05/2008 at 02:26 PM | 27020
I like it too.

Doesn't his neck look kinda long?

It could be an illuon...
Evildsm Friday 12/05/2008 at 03:22 PM | 27029
I feel exactly as Justin said: felt again that thing I used to feel when saw the TCM or ANOES trailers. A crazy wish to go to the theaters to see this. I'm a huge fan of F13th, specially Jason figure, and reading all Derek Mears interviews makes me feel hopefully again about it. Mears looks to be glad to do Jason, and he was his fan too, and put all his strenght and talent on it. The people are too engaged on this, and the fans were waiting for years (nce JGTH) that Jason story not be throwed on the garbage. The only thing that bothers me is the makeup effects on Jason head and neck. I'd like to see a normal Jason, as the beginning, not that alien. But I'm very excited with this, and bet Mike's ass on it!

Why you gotta put my ass on it?

GRRRRRRRR

Evildsm Friday 12/05/2008 at 03:26 PM | 27030

Why you gotta put my ass on it?

GRRRRRRRR

You're becoming my older brother, dude!

LÜCKMANN Friday 12/05/2008 at 05:14 PM | 27053
Here is the newest trailer, and well.....I have no words.I am so freaking excited to see this!!!!All the elements that I love are there.And Derek is just plain badass!!!! Looks like they have a female veron of Crazy Ralph.lol If this does not excite you, I feel that you may be dead.

Holy Moly!

I feel the same way, bro! February looks so far now, I can't wait too long for this!

Think I'm gonna

LÜCKMANN Friday 12/05/2008 at 05:17 PM | 27054
this looks incredible!!!!!
tjones20 Saturday 12/06/2008 at 02:35 AM | 27153
Here's the link thlord posted in the other thread for the Full Trailer at Yahoo.com

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810022022/video
DaShape Saturday 12/06/2008 at 02:53 AM | 27158
Finally got down to seeing the trailer. The trailer is so long , it almost becomes a spoiler It does look like another TCM because of the director, though I liked the remake

Can't wait!
kaizu Saturday 12/06/2008 at 03:47 AM | 27165
I like it too.

Doesn't his neck look kinda long?

It could be an illuon...

You're right, it's not an iluon. The make-up effect there is too heavy. I'm a little worried now after seeing some pics and the full trailer about Jason's look.

He's a kind freak, indeed, but I still think that the part 1, 2, 3 and 4 look was the cool look, and this alien or creature

going to be out of F13th essence. I hope be wrong...

LÜCKMANN Saturday 12/06/2008 at 11:32 AM | 27231
cool poster, but it sort of looks like a fan made poster
krueger4653 Saturday 12/06/2008 at 04:25 PM | 27240
After watching this trailer the other night, I ended up having a dream about it. Tell you what... if this movie is even half as cool as that dream I'll be happy.

Myers31TKD Saturday 12/06/2008 at 08:49 PM | 27256

I agree Will. But then again, a lot of them do these days with all the computer graphics stuff they use now. I personally prefer the older ones done by hand.
Myers31TKD Saturday 12/06/2008 at 08:57 PM | 27258

I agree Will. But then again, a lot of them do these days with all the computer graphics stuff they use now. I personally prefer the older ones done by hand. agreed but still that looks awesome!
misfit Sunday 12/07/2008 at 07:02 PM | 27324
Got some more NEW pics courtesy of Bloody-Disgusting.

Man, Willa Ford is smoking hot.
DaShape Wednesday 12/10/2008 at 07:05 PM | 27753

Is that guy's leg in a bear trap????
Myers31TKD Wednesday 12/10/2008 at 07:30 PM | 27756
Yes, I believe so.

Bear traps ROCK!
Evildsm Wednesday 12/10/2008 at 08:13 PM | 27757

Is that guy's leg in a bear trap????

Good eye Patrick.

Previously I've read where they said they want Jason to appear as "real" as posble.

He's pretty much a "mountain man" who traps his own food and lives off the woods.

When the "teens" show up and threaten his lifestyle he pretty much acts like a cornered wild animal.I really like this new take on Voorhees (very much a Friday the 13th part 2 feel)
DaShape Wednesday 12/10/2008 at 09:40 PM | 27764
wow, those are great pics! Man I am getting more and more pumped to see this thing. And his leg looks pretty far gone in that trap.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 12/11/2008 at 07:26 AM | 27818
Awesome pics!

I love the bear trap... very inventive.

DarkArtist81 Thursday 12/11/2008 at 11:33 PM | 27889
Great pic!

This sack head Jason looks cool! But Mears is a kind large for a Jason look.

I didn'r remember people with cameras on the part 2....
LÜCKMANN Friday 12/12/2008 at 11:11 AM | 27963
Got another new pic!

DaShape Saturday 12/13/2008 at 07:52 PM | 28090
Some REALLY good shot of Sack-Head Jason over at Shock till you drop.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=8653
DaShape Thursday 12/18/2008 at 08:05 AM | 28568
A very cool Friday the 13th standee is making its way to a theater near you. Today I discovered that there is a Facebook page that is dedicated to people posting images that they have taken with the standee. You can check out one of them below. The film of course will be in theaters on February 13th.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 12/21/2008 at 09:06 AM | 28949
Hmmm

Looks like the Mummy Jason....
LÜCKMANN Monday 12/22/2008 at 12:21 PM | 29070
Hey all!

Been a while nce I posted here.

Not sure if any of you are aware of my new Remake hood but I just released it the other day.

It's available for order.

Email me at bill@nightstalkerproductions.com for info. Thanks.

-Bill NSP
Nightstalker Thursday 1/29/2009 at 05:28 AM | 33589
Got another new pic!

Dude, she gets JACKED!!!!!!!
MoJoe Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 06:23 PM | 35386
A very cool Friday the 13th standee is making its way to a theater near you. Today I discovered that there is a Facebook page that is dedicated to people posting images that they have taken with the standee. You can check out one of them below. The film of course will be in theaters on February 13th.

It would be pretty funny to stick your arse in the hole where your face is supposed to go and take a picture of it.
Sourfacedbastard Thursday 2/12/2009 at 10:45 PM | 35519
Got another new pic!

SHE WAS HOT!!!!! just came from the Midnite show.... it was fun,
Eyes Friday 2/13/2009 at 07:17 AM | 35549
Got another new pic!

SHE WAS HOT!!!!! just came from the Midnite show.... it was fun,

Indeed. Her tits were "stupendous".

Myers31TKD Saturday 2/14/2009 at 02:35 AM | 35764
Chhhhheeeesssseee! That's Me!
KimmyBlanks Monday 2/16/2009 at 01:44 AM | 35999
You people would see any movie called Friday the 13th as long as it had a guy in a hockey mask killing people and tits.No story,no plot,no dialogue, just hockey mask,killings and tits.
Remakes are Garbage Friday 2/27/2009 at 05:12 AM | 37850
You people would see any movie called Friday the 13th as long as it had a guy in a hockey mask killing people and tits.No story,no plot,no dialogue, just hockey mask,killings and tits.

I'll drink to that!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 2/27/2009 at 06:09 AM | 37854

So, what's wrong? What can we do better than that??? Hockey mask, killings and titz! We love it (minus Des and Kimmy, sorry gals)

BISCO!!!
LÜCKMANN Friday 2/27/2009 at 07:27 PM | 37924

oh wait.........:::::::walks to fridge::::::::opens fridge door; pulls out a tall cool frosty one::::::.....pops off the cap....

ok.....I'll drink to that my friend!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhh
ny ghoul Friday 2/27/2009 at 08:41 PM | 37927
100%
BuklerMan Saturday 2/28/2009 at 11:50 AM | 37980
100%
HolyBat Monday 3/02/2009 at 12:12 AM | 38142

I'd watch a movie called Don't Watch This Horrible Friggin' Movie "as long as it had a guy in a hockey mask killing people and tits.No story,no plot,no dialogue, just hockey mask,killings and tits."

Snoballz Monday 3/02/2009 at 01:20 AM | 38150
+1
NipelHOD Tuesday 3/03/2009 at 07:04 AM | 38309
interesting discuson! :)
BolUN Wednesday 3/04/2009 at 10:16 AM | 38521
+1
NolUUn Thursday 3/05/2009 at 05:29 PM | 38664
topic close?
NolUUn Thursday 3/05/2009 at 08:07 PM | 38684
hello. it`s my first post
Slikeryo Monday 3/09/2009 at 11:48 AM | 39103
hello. it`s my first post

Hi and welcome to HorrorBid . . . if you get a chance go to the New Members section and introduce yourself!
DaShape Monday 3/09/2009 at 03:05 PM | 39117
cool!! Cool...I'm really looking forward to seeing this when it comes out ----------------------------------------------------
remail09 Friday 3/27/2009 at 03:02 AM | 41065
why is this a sticky?
thebeyond105 Thursday 2/11/2010 at 08:54 AM | 61519