Forums Horror Movie Talk
Close as it gets to the Evil Dead Book!!!

Here's an auction I found! It's the first edition meaning it doesnt get any closer to the actual book of the dead used in the movie Evil Dead! VERY MULAR!!! All it's misng is the face on the front! Big part of the book I know, BUT the pages are even like the movie... Dunno... Just thought it was kool Here's the link boys:
href="http://cgi.ebay.com/NECRONOMICON-Real-Leather-Cthulhu-LARP-goth_W0QQitemZ290226286939QQihZ019QQcategoryZ29223QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem">http://cgi.ebay.com/NECRONOMICON-Real-L ... dZViewItem
Harry Warden Wednesday 4/30/2008 at 12:52 AM | 10281
Actually, here's one Booman made (pictures by me LOL).

It has pages also but Justin has those pics, if he sees this thread maybe he'll post them up.
DaShape Wednesday 4/30/2008 at 01:04 AM | 10282
I do have the pages that were used in the film and will post them later if I can find them, LOL! That was my first ever sculpt, mold, pour and paint project I ever did and means a ton to me. Actually Casey from the prop shop got the first copy and the rest never sold due to Tom Sullivan owning the rights. Actually Tom and I became friends after the initial, stop stealing my work conversation, LOL!

I still have the mold in my garage and would love to do some more verons when time permits, maybe just to give away for contests.

;)
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 4/30/2008 at 01:56 AM | 10288
Its a great book! Justin did a great job on it, on top of that it was his first attempt at sculpting!! Still have it tting in my collection

CartyParty Wednesday 4/30/2008 at 02:09 AM | 10293
Its a great book! Justin did a great job on it, on top of that it was his first attempt at sculpting!! Still have it tting in my collectionYeah right he probably sold it on eBay long ago, J/K that is the only copy that ever left my house. Treasure that puppy! It weighs like 40 pounds, LOL!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 4/30/2008 at 02:11 AM | 10294
Its a great book! Justin did a great job on it, on top of that it was his first attempt at sculpting!! Still have it tting in my collectionYeah right he probably sold it on eBay long ago, J/K that is the only copy that ever left my house. Treasure that puppy! It weighs like 40 pounds, LOL Yeah if it didnt weigh a ton I would have gotten rid of it a long time ago. Its kinda like shipping a used washing machine, who wants to mess with that or pay the price to ship it.

Just kidding man, I will be on display at the new house, when you guys make the trip up someday I will prove it

CartyParty Wednesday 4/30/2008 at 02:23 AM | 10297
Well boys as soon as I can shit some money I intend on getting a mask making kit from Monster Makers--"Thanks Casey for the info wear I could purchase the stuff I needed!" -- and I'm going to attempt to make a Myers Mask! To be honest... Art has always been my strongest point with anything I've ever done and to me... I don't think that sculpting is going to be a pain at all... It's kinda relaxing! When it comes down to painting the damn thing... Well.. I geuss I'll see what happens. haha... Anyway, I WANT ONE OF THOSE BOOKS BOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMAAAAAANNNNNN!!! With pages an everything you say? WOW! ME WANTS!!! haha I got this... -- BooMan, One of my sweaters when I get more done for One of your Necronomicons??? How about that a??? 1 things for sure... If it is as heavy as you boys claim... It will work out on my behalf for the sake that it doesnt cost much to ship a sweater. HA I'm in on this Raffle... Hope like hell I hit the big one!!! H2 blood tear mask from HSS... Sure u boys already no this by now... hahaha I'm just excited!
Harry Warden Wednesday 4/30/2008 at 05:26 AM | 10311
Alright kiddies, some BooMan productionsBook of the Dead pics....(book is cast out of latex)

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 4/30/2008 at 06:51 AM | 10313
That thing is badass J!

If you made some more in the future would you be able to color copy the pages on some nice parchment pattern stationary or are they copywrighted against such a thing?

I would assume they are but not sure.

I've always wanted one of these ever nce I first saw the movie back in my way-too-long-ago youth.
deathrisingup Wednesday 4/30/2008 at 02:31 PM | 10330
Did you say those were the ACTUAL PAGES USED in the movie??? They sure as hell look it!!! I'm Loven It Man!!! Hmmm... Just as Death Ring up was saying... Can you make copys of those pages and make another book jacket??? I'd love to have one of those books man!!! Thats F'N sweet! Be sweeter knowing it was photocopys of the original pages! Bass Ass! Always got the good shit don't ya??? haha

Harry Warden Wednesday 4/30/2008 at 02:54 PM | 10333