Forums Horror Movie Talk
It's Official, THE DESCENT 2 (plus casting & story plot)

Taken From good ole BLOODY-DISGUISTING

We received official word that Shauna MacDonald and Natalie Jackson Mendoza will both we returning in Pathe's The Descent 2, which looks to have finally dropped the ridiculous moniker (The De2cent). The film is in pre-production with Jon Harris attached to direct from a screenplay by James Watkins. Neil Marshall will produce alongde Christian Colson. In addition, you can read the OFFICIAL synops by heading beyond the break. Watch for more news soon.

THE DESCENT 2 picks up immediately after the events depicted in THE DESCENT

Sarah (MacDonald), emerges alone from a cave system following an expedition with her five friends in the Appalachian mountains. Distraught, injured and covered in the blood of her misng companions, Sarah is incoherent and half-wild with fear. Skeptical about her account of events and convinced Sarah's psychos hides far darker secrets, Sheriff Vaines forces her back into the caves to help locate the rest of the group.

Trapped by falling rocks, the rescue party are driven deep into the caverns, and as one by one the fate of the misng girls is revealed, Sarah is forced to confront her deepest fears
DaShape Thursday 5/01/2008 at 01:52 AM | 10386
Looking forward to it...first one was great

kweandee Thursday 5/01/2008 at 02:31 AM | 10388
I'd be more excited if it were also written/directed by Neil Marshall (The Descent), but I'm still happy to hear about this. I know sequels rarely live up to the originals... but still. I was extremely impressed by the original, and can't wait for more.

Myers31TKD Thursday 5/01/2008 at 02:35 AM | 10390
I'm excited to hear about this.

The 1st one gave me the goosebumps..and I went for a secound helping.. and it's rare for me to re-watch a flick.

Cool newz, Tks!
MaskofChaos Thursday 5/01/2008 at 03:52 AM | 10397
That's pretty cool news.

The first is one of my top fave horror movies.

The only thing that's kinda off for me is that it's picking up based on the theatrical ending, which makes sense for most people that saw it I guess, but I just loved the director's cut ending so much better.

But that ending really didn't leave room for a sequel, at least as it's described here.

Either way I'm sure I'll eat it up when it gets released!

Thanks for breaking this news!
deathrisingup Thursday 5/01/2008 at 12:54 PM | 10410