Forums Horror Movie Talk
Rob Zombie's Halloween...

I'm tting here watching it so I decided to write this...lol I have to say I like this remake. It's not the traditional Holloween's...nothing beats those but it's pretty twisted and I enjoyed it very much. One thing that always surprises me though is the amount of curng in now in day movies (this, freddy vs Jason, etc). I like it cause it's more real...even the most wholesome of people will curse if something fucked up happens...lol it still surprises me though how the older movies there was virtually no curng and now it's every other word out of their mouth. This movie also shocked me by some of the scenes they actually showed in it...the scene w/the chick in the mental asylum, etc.

Rob Zombie makes some ck ass movies...lol
kweandee Sunday 5/04/2008 at 02:42 AM | 10668
I have to say, I didn't care for it at all. The whole back story idea was not needed. I think being an enigma and not knowing much about him or why he does what he does, is scarier IMO. To each his own.
SithLord Friday 5/09/2008 at 06:16 AM | 11078
michael is much sacrier just being a kid who flipped out and killed for no reason and stalked a babytter because she dropped keys off at his house NOT becasue he knew it was his ster
Johnny Bisco Saturday 7/05/2008 at 06:39 PM | 15357
michael is much sacrier just being a kid who flipped out and killed for no reason and stalked a babytter because she dropped keys off at his house NOT becasue he knew it was his ster

amen!
lblambert Tuesday 8/12/2008 at 06:03 PM | 16665
I love the original and like the remake as well. I like robs movies nce they are hardcore so this for me was a cool take on the halloween movie. I think if they would have slowed down and made this movie into two movies then they would have worked out all of the kinks. I watched biscos cut of the entire flick and I have to say it was very cool.
quietonthesetstudios Thursday 8/14/2008 at 01:06 PM | 16759
I love the original and like the remake as well. I like robs movies nce they are hardcore so this for me was a cool take on the halloween movie. I think if they would have slowed down and made this movie into two movies then they would have worked out all of the kinks. I watched biscos cut of the entire flick and I have to say it was very cool.

well said and I agree!
dougefresh Saturday 9/20/2008 at 12:01 AM | 19159
I loved the remake! Between the directors cut and the theatrical cut...I'd have to say I like the Theatrical cut better. I dont know about Rob Zombie's wife as the mom though..for some reason I don't like her acting. stv
dontbeafraid Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 09:28 PM | 21298
I'd rather Rob Zombie songs... But I'll watch this one.
LÜCKMANN Thursday 10/23/2008 at 09:29 AM | 21342
This was actually really good.

I don't see how any Halloween fan cannot enjoy this.
Evildsm Thursday 10/23/2008 at 02:45 PM | 21367
Enjoying is not the point; in fact, his movies never gets me excited. Always I'm at the rentals, I saw the DVD, then I think "Hmm, it'll make me sleep...", and pick up another film. I'll watch many Rob's movies as I can, so I can give my real opinion... For a while, I'll keep enjoying his songs!
LÜCKMANN Thursday 10/23/2008 at 03:46 PM | 21369
I liked this movie, it cant hold a candle to the original but it was still good. I liked all the new stuff that zombie made, his childhood, life at the asylum, etc. All of that was good. However when it got to the point where he was remaking it I didnt like it. And I didnt really care for the ending.
krueger4653 Thursday 10/23/2008 at 07:37 PM | 21376
The main issue I have with remakes is that some have no reason for existing.

When it is a series reboot ala Cano Royale, Batman Begins or Halloween I can understand it.. but if it is a remake of a film that came out only a decade or so ago... I don't get it.

OR if they film stands alone as it is and could have just had a sequel... but instead they do a remake... that bothers me as well.

Many remakes suck, many are doomed to fail before they start.

But Hollywood keeps cranking them out and effectively raping our childhoods. Rob's film was good, just didn't like long the supernatural element of Myers and I hated the ending...

But overall it was a decent flick.

I just hope that if they make another one, that they bring it a bit more to the Myers we all know and love.
DarkArtist81 Friday 10/24/2008 at 04:18 AM | 21413
Agreed with you Stv. Remakes and reboots are completely diferents, and reboots have more chances of become good movies than remakes.I saw the Rob Zombie's Halloween , and I tell you that I didn't like nothing on it. He became into a pcopath 'cos his ster didn't want trick'r'treat on Halloween with him? I know tha Myers must have born a little crazy, but this? And I can't concieve someone as Laura Strode but Curtis... Sheryl Zombie show us that is a terrible actress, what more can I say? Carpenter was a genius, Zombie just made the people who aren't fan of Halloween believe that Myers is just another perturbed guy with a problematic family, as we had a lot here in Bral on the FEBENS...

But, that's my opinion, and I respect all that saw and liked this movie!
LÜCKMANN Friday 10/24/2008 at 09:14 AM | 21428
just think, all of that killing could have been avoided if they would have just taken michael trick or treating.
krueger4653 Friday 10/24/2008 at 03:30 PM | 21446
Halloween Remake is in my Top 5 movies and I watched it like 1000 times, lol. Anyways, I enjoyed the drama in family issues and killed people around along with more curng, sex, and emotions in it. I like the special effects better than Original and I have one MAJOR problem with original is... it doesn't have any subtile. I don't know what they were talkin' about. Another part is I liked boopers & cut scenes better as well, lol. I made a new friend, Daeg Faerch, in Halloween movie last August. This movie is special to me.

I like every scenes except for teenager girls & Sherri Moon- they suck at acting. I don't like rape scene too.
Gary Suyoru Friday 11/14/2008 at 04:06 PM | 23617
You know, I might have to entirely retract my opinion of Rob's Halloween.

I got it on Blu Ray, watched it again with commentary and also watched the long making of documentary... And I have to say that now I really "get" what Rob was trying to do.

He took on a project that not many people would have in the first place, and he made it different and his own...Once I pull myself out of my nostalgia comfort zone, I really do love this movie.

It took a while to do that, though... and only now after seeing the movie 5 times and watching that documentary... do I see the light.

Can't wait for H2.
DarkArtist81 Friday 1/30/2009 at 09:24 PM | 33790
If Zombie wasn't onboard I would have been pissed off to know Halloween was being remade...I LOVED IT
lukeslashernut Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 06:48 PM | 35232
The worst piece of crap remake of them all.Rob Zombie should be put to death for this insult.
Remakes are Garbage Friday 2/13/2009 at 08:34 AM | 35555
DARKARTIST.......WELL put and its like you read my mind!!!! I saw it in the theatre three times: Loved it; liked it; hated it....then I saw it on dvd: hated it.....bought the blockbuster veron....good horror flick. Once I got the deirectors cut and put on RZ's commentary a lot of things started to make sense and I was able to appreciate it a lot more. I REALLY like it now. Theres still a few things I'd change but overall I think its stands as a killer flick. I look forward to the next one.
ny ghoul Friday 2/13/2009 at 01:26 PM | 35577
The worst piece of crap remake of them all.Rob Zombie should be put to death for this insult. pretty much i couldnt even finish the movie it seemed he did the oppote of what made the first one so great Bob Zombay is a fucking hack and should get hacked to death with a gaint rubber dick
DWN Productions Friday 2/13/2009 at 01:39 PM | 35579
The worst piece of crap remake of them all.Rob Zombie should be put to death for this insult. pretty much i couldnt even finish the movie it seemed he did the oppote of what made the first one so great Bob Zombay is a fucking hack and should get hacked to death with a gaint rubber dick BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Johnny Bisco Friday 2/13/2009 at 03:43 PM | 35605
Zombie put to death thats little harsh lol
lukeslashernut Friday 2/13/2009 at 06:54 PM | 35649
first remake was okay, I even enjoyed it... the second one... he should be beat to death before he gets his ass behind a film again.
ironblade87 Saturday 12/26/2009 at 12:15 PM | 59536