Forums Horror Movie Talk
Horror Movie of the Month - THE STRANGERS

Ok guys, we have to admit that originality hasn't been horror's strong point lately with new releases however we've been blessed with a few like Behind the Mask, Hatchet and The Descent.

Still, we might have another one on our hands and surprise . .. it comes out at the end of this month.If you've not heard anything about it watch this youtube vid.

It has several trailers edited one right after the other.

Check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0i-KuKd3Jo

This thing makes my skin crawl.

I'm going to drag Booman to this lol.
DaShape Friday 5/09/2008 at 05:21 AM | 11072
I'm very excited about this movie. Have you seen the cast list for this? It's like ten people, which I'm happy about. I'm a big believer in the "less is more" idea for horror.

I'm reluctant to say it, because I don't want to jinx anything... but if this movie pans out, horror might be making a small comeback. Like I said, I'm very excited and don't want to jump to any concluons. So, now we wait.
Myers31TKD Friday 5/09/2008 at 05:46 AM | 11074
I have high hopes for this flick. The trailer looks badass. I just hope what you see in the trailer, isn't all the best parts. The home invaon idea however, isn't new. Check out the movies, "THEM" (not the 1954 ANT veron), and "INDE". Both have been released in America on standard DVD. They do have French subtitles, but that shouldn't keep you from having a look at these gems, and that's exactly what they are.
SithLord Friday 5/09/2008 at 05:51 AM | 11075
Looks cool....

kweandee Friday 5/09/2008 at 01:18 PM | 11087
I'm totally stoked about this movie coming out!

I'm just as eager for the first maskmakers to start recreating the masks.

That'd be a helluva cool triple score.
deathrisingup Friday 5/09/2008 at 04:26 PM | 11098
I have high hopes for this flick. The trailer looks badass. I just hope what you see in the trailer, isn't all the best parts. The home invaon idea however, isn't new. Check out the movies, "THEM" (not the 1954 ANT veron), and "INDE". Both have been released in America on standard DVD. They do have French subtitles, but that shouldn't keep you from having a look at these gems, and that's exactly what they are.

I agree with you there.

Critics are even trying to compare it to vacancy (which I can see that a bit) but I'm hoping they take this to the next level (whatever that is LOL).

I'll have to check out those movies up there. Subtitles don't bother me at all, one of my favorite all time films is "RUN LOLA RUN."

I meant to see "FUNNY GAMES" so I'll have bunch of catching up to do.
DaShape Friday 5/09/2008 at 06:12 PM | 11101
Looks cool to me, but it says based on true events.Anyone have a link to the actual story it is based on?
wickedbeard Tuesday 5/13/2008 at 03:27 PM | 11459
I'm not sure if it's based on any one event, if any. It could be a host of incidents that took place over a certain time frame. Or it could be ung the same monicur as TCM did.
SithLord Tuesday 5/13/2008 at 08:11 PM | 11461
SithLord Wednesday 5/14/2008 at 01:33 AM | 11476
Is this one of these "based off a true story" like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was or is this actually grounded in real events? Does anyone know, I am digging the trailer.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 5/14/2008 at 01:39 AM | 11477
It could be based on a handful of home invaons that have taken place over the years. Who can really say.
SithLord Wednesday 5/14/2008 at 01:46 AM | 11480
What's funny about "based on a true story" is I learned back in college in a film class that you can pretty much say that as long as something in the story is true . .. something as small as you used a person's real name.

So If I know a guy named Jim Jones and I name a character in my screenplay Jim Jones .. then it's based on a true story LOL.
DaShape Wednesday 5/14/2008 at 01:52 AM | 11482